Gibson Brands Forums

Got suspended from AGF again ...

EuroAussie

Acoustic Guitar Forum .... or, Anti Gibson Fascists, take your pick ..

Sorry I'm just recovering from a big migraine and still got's jello instead of gray matter. What's AGF stand for? I'm sure it'll come to me later & I'll say "dooooo", but just got to know now!!

Aster

I've played a fair number of Rainsongs. They would never be my main guitar, for sure. Very sterile tone. I was considering one simply for the impervious construction. I go to a lot of "campfire" gatherings and outside picking parties. Not having to worry at all about the environment is a plus.

That's where my interest drops though. Once you get past the unique (although there IS another graphite maker) construction it's a very pedestrian instrument. Makes me sad to think it's the best guitar someone has played all year.

I stopped going to most discussion sites long ago. Harmony Central is a wasteland of mouth-breathers, guitar.com has become a joke, AFG is ridiculous. I like this place because it stays civil, most discussions are intelligent and between folks who actually KNOW what they're talking about and the attitude is generally communal.

Going to HC and seeing someone take buying advice there or using one of their reviews when considering buying just makes me cringe.

Please don't ban me for saying so. lol

btw...I just gave myself "Guitar Player of the Year" award because I'm the best guitar player I've been all year. Of all the Me's I know (1) I am the best.

I'm going to go to Staples and see if they have Blue Ribbons. My certificate will be available. If you want a copy, let me know. I'll sign it. Free.

really.

It will be awesome.

Actually Buc, if I speak for myself Ive got nothing against Rainsong guitars. Where I do have an issue is that this guitar was chosen as the best guitar of the year, without the criteria ever being revealed. Add that Rainsong is also the No 1 sponsor of AGF, and you get where my issue come from .... and not just me but so many on the AGF the thread had to closed.

We Gibson players don't like hearing those that aren't speak badly of our instrument of choice. Yet it seems some of us are pretty quick to the the same. Just sayin'.

Thought it was hilarious, I got suspened because I was an 'arse' - that was the word they used when I was informed directly.

And reason why ... Rainsong won 'AGF guitar of the year' 2011, and who happens to be the main sponsor of AGF, Rainsong.

Doesnt take half a brain to put the two together, so I questioned this in my rsponses .... and now Im an AGF 'arse'.

"ARSE's GUITAR FORUM"

C'mon guys...I thought that was HILARIOUS.

It's Christmas time :)

real life; i.e gigs, family, friends etc etc are 'REAL' [thumbup] This is just internet bollocks LOL - and not real!

Merry Christmas and screw online wars!

Matt

I feel you.

I like to think that here we are freindly arse's. That is, we like to have fun but not hurt anyone.

I for one, am glad that we have the ability to sometimes be an arse (in a good way) and also say things like "bollocks" and joke and tease each other.

I like to think that here we are freindly arse's. That is, we like to have fun but not hurt anyone.

I for one, am glad that we have the ability to sometimes be an arse (in a good way) and also say things like "bollocks" and joke and tease each other.

Generally speaking, people here at good-tempered, even when things get contentious--like when politics manages to creep into the conversation.

Even friends don't always agree on things, but we generally manage to sort it out without a lot of rancor here.

Just as I ignore certain abominable personal characteristics in some great musicians, I manage to overlook the stubborness, pig-headedness, and other obvious flaws of those here who disagree with me from time to time, just because I know that people who love Gibsons must be good folk underneath it all. Usually, anyhow..... [biggrin]

Some Forums just are not worth joining and being a contributor too .. you cannot convince stupidity with any reasoning..

I keep a open mind on all Guitars... However, I wouldnt own most of those, Nor would I give my opinions about those... ..

:rolleyes:

Archived