Gibson Brands Forums

Thoughts on the new Bird- Sparrow?

tvguit

Yes, E-minor7, time marches on. At least Mick Jagger still plays the old blonde Hummingbird at most of the concerts. Notice, too, that it is so old that the color of the top has aged to a rich and luscious orange. That wood speaks to you of its age, mellowed to the vibes of many good tunes.

It has been said that Keith Richards has more than four thousand guitars. I imagine that, to be the caretaker of his arsenal, would be THE JOB to die for. I would almost give my left something or other for that job. Imagine babysitting HIS guitars. One may have to get some visas stamped into the passport to work that gig.

As for good-looking Hummingbirds, on you tube, call up some of the vids of Marc Bolan on the Ringo Starr documentary, "Born To Boogie." There are several of those vids of him outside sitting on the grass playing that gorgeous gourd. It is a magnificent red sunburst and has the Gibson custom logo on the head. Give them a look if you get a chance. That guitar is so beautiful it is intoxicating.

Jed

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, E-minor7, time marches on. At least Mick Jagger still plays the old blonde Hummingbird at most of the concerts. Notice, too, that it is so old that the color of the top has aged to a rich and luscious orange. That wood speaks to you of its age, mellowed to the vibes of many good tunes.

As for good-looking Hummingbirds, on you tube, call up some of the vids of Marc Bolan on the Ringo Starr documentary, "Born To Boogie." There are several of those vids of him outside sitting on the grass playing that gorgeous gourd. It is a magnificent red sunburst and has the Gibson custom logo on the head. Give them a look if you get a chance. That guitar is so beautiful it is intoxicating.

Jagger also plays what looks like a mint cherryburst live - but I've noticed the blonde/faded one and agree it's attractive.

The square Bolan plays I believed was a copy-thing from his pre-fab days, , , 'custom logo' !? better check that one again. . .

See you in the voliere, Jedediah

Hi Smurf. I own a Sparrow. Check out my posts earlier in this thread. Its a great guitar. I don't think Gibson is making them at the moment. My daughter took my AJ and the Sparrow into her custody over the last year or so. She borrows one and then somehow it doesn't return! That's Ok with me as long as she is playing it!

Merry Christmas to all on the forum. I enjoy lurking about, reading and learning from Y'all!

Archived