Gibson Brands Forums

Dot Deluxe Flame-Top

dxdgenert

$200 for a sunburst Dot Deluxe with a "make shift" case (acoustic case probably)? What say ye? May be from the late 90's...

CL, ebay, local store?

Condition?

Any Shipping Charges?

Return Policy?

Pics?

These need to be considered also my friend in order to qualify the price.

I think 2005 would still be Korean, but it's easy to find out if you have the serial number. $200 for a Dot Deluxe even with no case is a pretty good deal. I sold a standard Dot marked 2nd with no case for $200, and the guy was happy to have it.

2005 Made in China. Nice flamed-maple top (although it isn't "bookmatched" per se) in great condition. I'll buff out any slight scratches and she'll look like new. Very thick neck and sweet playing guitar. Total cost was $200 with a nice all-wood acoustic case. Not a huge margin for profit, if I decide to sell, but I'll keep it for a while and see if I like it. I tell you, the Chinese made Epiphones that I have seen have all been top-notch guitars.

epidot.jpg

2005 Made in China. Nice flamed-maple top (although it isn't "bookmatched" per se) in great condition. I'll buff out any slight scratches and she'll look like new. Very thick neck and sweet playing guitar. Total cost was $200 with a nice all-wood acoustic case...the Chinese made Epiphones that I have seen have all been top-notch guitars.

Great score! Very nice, and yes, I love the Chinese Epi's myself.

For $200 you got a really good deal, hope you enjoy it (don't flip it right away) and get a lot of enjoyment from it, HNGD.

Haha that is the tough part. I love the "thrill of the hunt" and flipping these beauties. I "may" keep this, however. I've never had a semi- hollow and this was purchased solely with the profits from other sales.

I've never had a semi- hollow and this was purchased solely with the profits from other sales.

That's ironic in a sense, I never had one (except a thinline tele) till about a year back, now the last 4 or 5 I've bought new have been hollow/semi-hollow, they're brilliant, my favourite type of guitar now, no doubt.

Archived