Gibson Brands Forums

Got some really cool pedals to try out

Dub-T-123

I got a big ol box full of some really interesting pedals to try out today. If you're sort of experimental, this box would make you very happy.

It includes:

smallsound/bigsound **** Overdrive - I've owned one of these for a while and I freaking LOVE it)

smallsound/bigsound Sparkle Motion - a modified germanium Dallas Rangemaster treble booster circuit that I'm excited to try with my ac30)

smallsound/bigsound Team Awesome! Fuzz Machine - a germanium fuzz that reminds me of some sounds out of my Fuzz Factory with mids control and volume controls for clean signal and fuzz signal so it should play nice in a band

smallsound/bigsound Year 4545 - crazy oscillating fuzz that I haven't figured out yet

Montreal Assembly White Fritter - not sure what to call this one but it turns my tele into a synthesizer. I'm stuck playing with this one right now because it's the coolest pedal ever.

If you guys are curious about any of these ask me your questions while I have them. If you want to hear something in particular, I'll do my best to record a little demo for you with what I've got. Hopefully I still have the box when I get a new phone so I can do a YouTube demo. If not, I can email up to 2 minute sound clips recorded with my phone.

I am super jealous. Went to Montreal Assembly's site and checked out their stuff. Crazy. Those cats are like MIT meets Sonic Youth with a healthy dose of Neu.

Let me know how you like the Sparkle Motion. I need another either booster or dirt or low gain fuzz box for my arsenal. Kind of want a SHO, but don't want to pay for a new one.

Fo sho Surfpup. I'll do my best!

EVOL! Montreal Assembly does have some really cool designs. This is the first chance I've had to try one, and seriously, I HAVE to have one of these. I'll send you a little clip of some oscillating ocatve down fuzz to show you why.

I'll most def tell you what I think about the Sparkle Motion. I'm off to go jam with some friends so I'll get some good time in on it. If you want a SHO or a Super Duper 2 in 1 I'll build you one for wayyy cheaper than even a used Zvex one any time. I have a Super Duper 2 in 1 in the works right now. Just need to wire it up.

I put all the tourbox pedals on my board and they were pretty choice.

The Sparkle Motion sounded awesome boosting my ac30. I mostly ran it into my **** overdrive too and it was a beautiful combo. The Sparkle Motion gives you a nice cutting boost with a little extra grit.. It's trebly but not harsh, pretty much just how I like it. I'm really diggin this pedal with my setup, I would definately put it on my board.

So Jeff yeah they're literally the best dirt pedals I've plugged into my ac30.

I'm intrigued by the description of the **** Overdrive on their website. How is it as a boost, like for soloing or something?

Awesome. The low gain sounds are great, they have a way of kinda thickening your sound a little without killing dynamics or high end or anything. It has a shitload of volume on tap so you can get a massive boost.

The gain range is excellent. I actually usually set it for a low gain sound and use it kind of as a preamp because it justmakes my guitar sound better. Even with the gain full on it sounds really tight and clear. If you add a bit of the broken amp sound with the gain full on you get a sweet fuzz tone.

I signed up for a tourbox that Brian of smallsound/bigsound put together. Some builders will send their pedals around so people can get a feel for them with their rigs instead of just going by demos. It's nice when you don't really have another way to test them in real life. You just have to pay to ship it to the next person on the list.

Btw if I didn't already have a **** overdrive I would be going insane raving for it right now. It's the best sounding dirt pedal I've ever used.

The pedals are already fully developed and awesome I'm just taking the chance to try some of them with my rig and spread the word of their radness. I'll post a pic of my board with the touring pedals on it in a minute.

Dem00n I'll let you know the next time a cool tourbox is going down so you can get in on it. That's how I got to try the Dr Scientist Elements remember?

photo-1420.jpg

alright so the green and metal colored pedal second from the left on the bottom row is the Team Awesome! Fuzz Machine. The blue argile graphic pedal to the left of that is the Year 4545. Top right is the Sparkle Motion, to the left of that with the cat picture is my custom **** overdrive, to the left of that with the white star is the Montreal Assembly White Fritter.

Hanging out offboard on the bottom left is the standard graphic **** overdrive. Some of these have little drawings on them from other people that had the box before me so take that into consideration.

Also, notice that all the ss/bs pedals have top-mounted jacks so they fit nicely up against each other on a pedalboard.

EVOL! I forgot to mention the Sparkle Motion has a switch that does a full range boost as well. Dunno if you already read about that but it's a really useful feature.

Yeah that's been in the works for a while. My buddy at another forum just got one so I'm curious to see what he thinks of it.

Btw I figured out the Year 4545 and it's pretty amazing. It's probably a bit extreme for most of you guys but I think EVOL! would really like it. I really hope I can post a demo of this one.

For you my friend... I send extra ****.

I just got an email from Brian about a batch of Superfuzzes with some very tasty sounding mods. The Superfuzz has been at the absolute top of my fuzzy want list for a while and I don't think I can resist. I think I'm gonna preorder.

Archived