Gibson Brands Forums

Ahhhh "Lovely Winter!" NOT!!

charlie brown

It's COLD, y'all! Even the Snow is "frozen!" We've had it mild, here, compared to

other parts of the state, and surrounding states! I really feel sorry for the folks

that have been caught by this "blizzard" storm, while traveling to be with family

on "Christmas!" [crying] Never mind, those poor truckers, and road workers,

who have to negotiate this crap, regardless, to get our food, and presents, to the stores, in ANY weather! [scared]

Take it easy/slow...and, BE SAFE, People!!

CB

Aren't you still in Kansas Cb? We haven't had any bad weather and it's still decently warm here in the southeastern part of the state.

Wait awhile, Jeff (unless it goes around you, which is always possible)...it's snowing/sleeting, and there's

a North wind, that's pretty frigid. It's not as bad here, as west and north of me...and, Southwest, as well.

We seem (here) to be in a milder "pocket," compared to what I'm seeing, and reading, on the news,

and internet. So..??? Enjoy your mild weather, as long as you can!

CB

Wait awhile, Jeff (unless it goes around you, which is always possible)...it's snowing/sleeting, and there's

a North wind, that's pretty frigid. It's not as bad here, as west and north of me...and, Southwest, as well.

We seem (here) to be in a milder "pocket," compared to what I'm seeing, and reading, on the news,

and internet. So..??? Enjoy your mild weather, as long as you can!

CB

We just had fog roll in, guess it is now coming our way.

It looks like a green Christmas here in Canada's capital.

Drove through wet snow to get to work this morning but we are in for a predicted 6 hours of freezing rain starting later today. Then apparently rain. I'll take a foot of snow any day over the freezing rain.

Yeah freezing rain can be very bad especially when ice is involved. So when I moved to the South, people used to ask me about driving in snow. I told them that it is all about momentum management (gotta know when to lay off the brakes when needed and let it slide to get a better recovery). But with ice all bets are off.

We've had snow in the geographic center of the US earlier this season - this storm just dropped some big flakes, enough for an inch or two, then turned to sleet type stuff.

Problem with some of this is I gave a dancing exhibition this morning on the way back to the Jeep after doing some work. Flat slick ice under the wet inch or so of snow. Whooee, see the old man dance. <grin> I couldn't tell what you'd call the steps, though.

Anyway, temps then dropped. It'll be around 10 tonight with some nice winds to take wind chill lower than that. Nasty roads, though. I figure some idiot might kill himself. We have a lotta "southerners" come up through here who've hardly ever seen snow, let alone driven on ice...

When I was a kid, he had a uni classmate from Saudi Arabia who gave up trying to walk on ice until he realized winter was gonna be more than a week or two and he hadda learn how to walk again... He did keep his car in storage, though.

m

Archived