Gibson Brands Forums

Screws for GT-Pro Deluxe

YodaVanGrindey95

GT-Pro has an R-Trem right? The R-Trem does not have a way to lock the trem in place, it has a screw that pushes against a ball bearing that in turn pushes a plastic part against the trem arm to hold pressure against it. So what part is broken? The screw head or thread is stripped?

it has a screw that pushes against a ball bearing that in turn pushes a plastic part against the trem arm to hold pressure against it.

Hi Brent,

a ball bearing? I know R-Trems with a spring + plastic ball, and other R-Trems with a screw + plastic block, but none with any kind of bearing.

Anyway, the grub screws on all Steinberger trems usually are all metric (M3 = 3 mm) in different lengths.

Bernd

Hi Brent,

a ball bearing? I know R-Trems with a spring + plastic ball, and other R-Trems with a screw + plastic block, but none with any kind of bearing.

Anyway, the grub screws on all Steinberger trems usually are all metric (M3 = 3 mm) in different lengths.

Bernd

Yes, the screw has a point on it, as the screw is pressed in by tightening it, the point on the screw pushes (the taper of the point gets bigger) the ball bearing against the plastic spacer that in turn puts pressure against the trem arm. It is a very simple design.

Yes, the screw has a point on it, as the screw is pressed in by tightening it, the point on the screw pushes (the taper of the point gets bigger) the ball bearing against the plastic spacer that in turn puts pressure against the trem arm. It is a very simple design.

Thanks. I need to disassemble some more R-Trems, not only T-Trems, me thinks ;)

Bernd

Archived