Gibson Brands Forums

For Those Who Live in Montana...

kaleb

Hey, Gibsonites! On New Years my band is playing a gig in Butte, MT at Danos Bar. I am taking advantage of the forum to invite anyone on this forum who lives in the western MT area or who is merely interested to come and join in on the fun. I suppose most of you are playing out as well. If you are, I wish you good luck. Anywhoo, my band, Friends of the Family, is opening up for a bluegrass/country/folk/rock n roll band called the Jolly Roger Band. We are going to do 3-4 sets all together. My band first, then them, and later on some jamming. Gig is from 9 to 1, I think. I don't book these things, my bass player does. It should be a great show, and if ya like good blues, hard rock, and a good dose of boogie, as well as some rip-roarin' axe work done by kaleb himself, you'll wanna be there. Its free, and everybody is gonna be there. This is my advertising. We play Hendrix, SRV, ZZ Top, AC/DC, Freddie King, and very possibly a Kiss song or two. The Roger Band does Johnny Cash, Dylan, CCR, Elmore James, etc. If any of you do come, just ask for Mr. Baldwin.

We don't live in Montana, but we've been there quite a few times. Just drove through your town on our way from Yellowstone up to Glacier this past summer. I wish we were there, and I wish you a good gig and everyone gets home safe and sound!

rct

RCT...

Not really that "bad." Or good, depending on one's perspective. It's seldom more than 70-80 miles in the daytime.

m

It's all good to me out there. One of our...tasks may take up residence at Grand Forks ND. I am seriously thinking about it if we do it there. Stopped there this last trip out, nice country of course.

rct

RCT... I've some friends in the Grand Forks area.

You're right, it's gorgeous, but you'll find that the Red River can do some very nasty flooding on those flat, flat plains - and winter will be something you've not experienced in Jersey...

And... from my perspective, GF is "big city" and "back east" where it's awfully crowded. <grin>

m

Flooding truth, we couldn't get a hotel for...20 miles either side of Fargo I guess.

Winter doesn't scare us too much, but could be a reason not to. Hoping for cooler heads to move it to a state that begins with U and ends with H but I didn't say which one in case they are reading this.

rct

Archived