Gibson Brands Forums

Eppie ES-339

Dallastx

Thanks for the info Guitar Dog. Sounds like a great deal.

About other posts:

-Pelham blue!!! Amazing!!!

-yeah the classic epi headstock looks better on it than the Gibson headstock. I always considers d the Gibson headstock too small for semi hollow guitars.

-Shr00d, I know I can g00gle it but I better get the info from someone who already bought one and has facts. :)

-Fr00d, llamas are more expensive than you think. :D

Especially those Mexican Whooping Llamas. [biggrin]

Aren't they an endangered species? And mentioned on a Gibson sponsored forum no less. Oh wait till those feds get wind of this! [scared]

Next, we'll all have to settle for some baked version of alpaca or something.

It´s a Costum shop, or I´m wrong? [confused]

The Pelham Blue unit has the Epiphone Custome Shoppe logo silkscreened onto the back of the headstock. The standard 339 Pro and Ultra 339 do not. It appears to be an exclusive to MF and Music 123. GC and Woodwind & Brasswind seem to have them too, but at $799.

As with all Epis, Costume Shop is just a label they use (in addition to oddball colors) on exclusives to large dealers like Musician's Fiend, Guitar Centaur, Slam Fast, and a few others. All Epis are mass market guitars with very few exceptions like the Elitist line. Even those are made on a Japanese assembly line, but with better materials and mostly USA parts.

The total price I paid to Musician's Friend for the Pelham 339 was $570.49 ($671.16 less 15% sale discount). I expect they'll keep offering this special until they sell out the run.

Archived