Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Oscar sweden 0

HELP!!! DID i buy a gibson or a copy??????

Hej Oscar! That's a fantastic Norlin-era Les Paul Custom - 100% real thing! It has a 3-piece maple neck - the strongest construction. Pancake body of multiple layers of maple and mahogany. Voluted headstock. Maple fingerboards appeared on LPs in 1975 and lasted until 1979. It was a rare option. Great guitar! Congratulations! God jul och ett gott nytt år! Cheers... Bence

Hei Oscar! So many people confirmed is a genuine and beautiful custom! Congratulations man, you made a great deal!

Enjoy your new guitar....and let us know how she sounds ;)

Guest rogerb

The pots are from 1976 which would be correct. Gibson definitely made the Les Paul Custom with a maple fingerboard between 1975-1981. Everything looks correct from the photos, it is in excellent condition.

Looks legit man. Great buy. The reason the binding may look new is because the person you bought from could have taken it somewhere and gotten it repainted and refurbished. that makes it worth less, but it looks mazing. if i had a guitar like that i would never sell it. thats a great buy.

W/ell now im happy!, Im now a 100% sure that its a 76/77 gibson, i have noticed that the fretboard has been re painted but still i think i made a great deal but the main thing is that the guitar feels GREAT!

Thanks!

Oscar

Glad it worked out for you. Congrats.

As a word of warning to others...post photos here and ask questions before buying.

It's a lot let stressful!!!

Very nice job on EC's Tears in Heaven. . B)

Your LPC looks and sounds great.

Wonderful shape, very well taken care of - one of the nicest 70s LPC I've seen.

I have finally got an answer from gibson custom service:

"Dear Mr Pettersson,

The serial number 211295 would link to the period 1973-75. Together with the potentiometer coded we would tend to think the guitar was made in 1975 or maybe early 1976. We cannot be sure of this however."

Hej Oscar! Good to hear! So everything matches...no need to further worry about the authencity of Your guitar! That's a real beauty! One of my dream guitars (I have many, tough) :) Cheers... Bence

Come on guys,

it is the real deal.

pancake body, 3-piece maple neck and fretboard, correct pots, correct bridge, correct headstock shape etc.

This is the real deal, its a late seventies version of the Les Paul Custom Special (the early ones don't have a stamped serialnumber, but a sticker)

Very unlikely thats fake... the electronics not only look like Gibson parts, but it would make no sense to use that high of quality electronics in a fake...

You can see the metal-braided leads with pots that have engraved serial numbers on them... That's a GIBSON my friends...