Gibson Brands Forums

NAD

Mark

I finally pulled the trigger on a VOX Ac151c,cant wait, it should be here tomorrow.

I bought it from AMS. I generally don't by gear online so I am a little nervous.

Has anyone bought from them lately?

Congratz and good luck with the Vox.

I've never purchased from AMS. I probably would choose Sweetwater for my online buys. But AMS has been around a long time as a legitimate dealer so they should also be trustworthy.

I love the Vox sound. So far I've only had less expensive Vox amps, like a 15 watt modelling amp and my AC15VR hybrid amp. My goal in the near future is to get an all tube AC15 as my next amp.

I find the tone of the Vox amps work very well with my Gretsch. Haven't really tried my other guitars with just the Vox by itself - I usually use it in a stereo setup through my Visual Sound H20. The last time one of my old friends came by we jammed and he used my Gretsch because he normally plays acoustic and the larger body was more comfortable to him and I let him use the Vox amp. I think he also favors the Gretsch because he's scared to drop my Gibsons.

Thanks for all the positive feedback about AMS and VOX. I just got it and going to open it as soon as I am

done with the other billion things I have to do tonight.

Now all I need is a Ox and Lamb to keep time and I'll be ready for Christmas.

Cheers everyone!!!

Congrats on the AC15!!! I just love mine to pieces. Don't know if the handwired & Alnico blue sound any better than the standard with the greenback. I get great service from MF and their warehouse is just 180 miles from me so quick & easy ride on the FedEx truck. AMS must be just one more of the "family" of GC MF & 123 I guess. I like the discounts from MF that I get via email too.

By all means purchase you the beautiful padded VOX cover (got mine from JR for best price) and I love that too. Don't know if North Coast will match their price or not. They have a cool, made for Vox AC amps, chrome amp stand like the old one the Beatles had. Wouldn't mind having that sometime too. Little pricey at $170 but maybe USA made & Chromed.

You'll just love that Vox! [thumbup]

BTW I need a new OX too. Our young Springer Spaniel had him for 10 mins and ain't much left. At least it was just a supporting actor and not the main characters (you know, the Babe, Mary & Joseph).

Aster

Congrats on the AC15!!! I just love mine to pieces. Don't know if the handwired & Alnico blue sound any better than the standard with the greenback. I get great service from MF and their warehouse is just 180 miles from me so quick & easy ride on the FedEx truck. AMS must be just one more of the "family" of GC MF & 123 I guess. I like the discounts from MF that I get via email too.

By all means purchase you the beautiful padded VOX cover (got mine from JR for best price) and I love that too. Don't know if North Coast will match their price or not. They have a cool, made for Vox AC amps, chrome amp stand like the old one the Beatles had. Wouldn't mind having that sometime too. Little pricey at $170 but maybe USA made & Chromed.

You'll just love that Vox! [thumbup]

BTW I need a new OX too. Our young Springer Spaniel had him for 10 mins and ain't much left. At least it was just a supporting actor and not the main characters (you know, the Babe, Mary & Joseph).

Aster

Thanks! I didn't know there was a cover and good luck with your Nativity Scene LOL

Archived