Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Hummingbird

Pammiestar

Pammie, this is GREAT NEWS! Go get that 'Bird and have a brilliant Xmas with it in your hands.

As you're in London, I'd suggest playing the 'Bird in for a few months then taking it to Bill Pupplett for a setup. Bill is a genius and will take amazing care of your 'Bird, set it up to play like even more of a dream than it does already, and you'll never regret it.

I'm a bit far away to use Bill (I live in West Dorset) but he looks after lots of my pals' guitars, and they always play like butter. Well worth it as a treat for your 'Bird in a few months' time :-)

Now go buy and enJOY!

PS we'd all love some pics when you can put her down for long enough :-)

And a few pugs :-)

Have a great Xmas Rob, and everyone on this lovelly, sligthly whacky forum !

xx

Our son asked us how many dogs we have..... we told him 11.... he said "Wow!"....we said, for people who do what we do, 11 is not too many. Lots of people have 11 dogs....

He said, "Yeah....in a lifetiime!"

I'VE BOUGHT IT!!!!!!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEE. Still sitting in its gorgeous case snuggled in its lush blue fur.... gonna put the kids to bed quickly and play my heart out. Boy was it a close call between the bird and the songwriter but went for the bird in the end. Dont think you can go wrong there. Got a good deal and he also changed the strings on it!!! Great customer services and so good to support your local shops too. Told him about all you nutters out here on this forum but glad to be part of the family [rolleyes]

Thanks for the tip Jinder re the set up, will defo use them and music4love sending you love from one mum to another x

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! Thanks again and all the best for the NEW YEAR.

Ps. Will defo put a picture up soon with my bestie

I'VE BOUGHT IT!!!!!!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEE. Still sitting in its gorgeous case snuggled in its lush blue fur.... gonna put the kids to bed quickly and play my heart out. Boy was it a close call between the bird and the songwriter but went for the bird in the end. Dont think you can go wrong there. Got a good deal and he also changed the strings on it!!! Great customer services and so good to support your local shops too. Told him about all you nutters out here on this forum but glad to be part of the family [rolleyes]

Thanks for the tip Jinder re the set up, will defo use them and music4love sending you love from one mum to another x

Excellent choice! Im so happy for you. I hope you get to play and sing your heart out tonight. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

I do love a Christmas story with a happy ending.

Have a great evening-and life-with your new 'Bird! This is just the tip of the iceberg though, y'know...soon you'll be thinking "maybe I should add a parlour guitar to the stable...and maybe a slope-shoulder dreadnought...and I need some Maple...maybe an SJ200...or a Dove..."

Happy times :-)

Yeah ! Another H-Bird player on the board! [biggrin]

I'm sure you'll only love this new friend more and more as you play and hear those sweet tonalities this cool guitar can produce.

Congrats, enjoy, have fun and yes we want to see this new Bird !

[thumbup][thumbup][thumbup]

Congrats on getting such a great guitar. Last year I bought a Hummingbird as my first quality guitar ever, after years of playing in crappy asian copies since I was a kid.

I never thought you could feel so much for your instrument, feels like we are on a big musical adventure together. So you're up for something....

Enjoy the holiday with lots of playing and the sweet smell of tonewoods in your house.

Hi everyone. Hope you all had a great christmas. Here she is... [rolleyes] [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

post-38504-031543500 1325029775_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah, that's a great looking H-Bird alright [thumbup]

And the smile on your face signs " I'm a happy picker" [biggrin]

Once again, congrats, enjoy and lots of happy picking to you Pam [smile]

Hi everyone. Hope you all had a great christmas. Here she is... [rolleyes] [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

post-38504-031543500 1325029775_thumb.jpg

I never get tired of seeing pics of hummingbirds. What a beautiful guitar design. I know you'll make beautiful music together. Enjoy!

That's a beautiful guitar...(as are all Hummingbirds)... so I'm +100 with M4L!

Archived