Gibson Brands Forums

What's the best Christmas present you've ever had?

LarryUK

1976 White Gibson Firebird that I received in 1977 at age 17 when I was the height of my Johnny Winter worship.

This was my absolute favorite album back then (still is a favorite).

Winterwhite.jpg

I don't even have a photo of it. Sold it in 83.

I think I got the coolest present I've ever recieved was in a secret Santa exchange this year. I got a Dwarfcraft Devices Great Destroyer DIY kit which was really cool because I love building pedals and I love ridiculous noisemaking oscillating fuzz. The gift also included some choice music including some Mogwai, Mr Bungle, a dope compilation, all kinds of good stuff.

It was just a really cool gift.

This year is right up there.

My father in law (also probably my best friend) came home from the hospital yesterday, two weeks early. He had a ladder collapse from under him 3 weeks ago and broke his pelvis in 3 places.

Still confined to either a bed or wheelchair but he's home. [thumbup][thumbup][thumbup]

Sorry if this seems a little boring.

Dave

50 years ago I was kind of disappointed at the Xmas presents I recieved. My parents kept trying to get me to go down in the basement to look for something....I still didnt get it. Finally I went down and saw that my Dad had somehow snuck a fully restored 1909 Brunswick leather pocket pool table into the basement all ready with REAL Georgia clay pool balls. Best Christmas ever! How my parents ever did this still amazes me-especially being the snoop I was at 14 years old.

I was born 5 days before Christmas. So no special Christmas. It was always grab a present from under the tree to make up my Birthday present. Most of our Christmas's were between Army Posts, So we were usually on the road, packing, or Unpacking. I guess this Christmas is So far, I've bought myself one Echo pedal,Two guitars,Three computer programs, Won a Hundred dollars at the Job Christmas Party. Received Two new cases of wine And gave my wife a thousand dollars for her own Christmas. And like every year 500.00 to the local food bank anonymously. This is the first year I bought for myself. But I want to finish my second CD, At Christmas is the best time to get the deals on what I need. So Y'all have a Merry Christmas. Me I'll be doing like every year and be watching the yard. Got to keep our Navy safe while there at home. Happy Holidays All.

My favourite Christmases were the ones where I got guitars: 1. 1966 Harmony Archtone 2. 1967 Dover -MIJ Strat/Jazzmaster clone 3. 2008 Midnight Wine Tele 4. 2009 Epi G-400 Custom 5. 2010 Epi Custom Shop Firebird V Sunburst.This Christmas the Missus says she has something for me that has nothing to do with music but that I'll love just as much-I figure that must be a 6 month vacation with Susanna Hoffs or a 1973 Lancia Stratos-that's all I can think of that would even come close.

Archived