Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Guitar

ronnie

Just wanted to say just got my new VOS 58 Plain top cherry lefty from Steve at Guitar Guitar Birmingham, Have spent so much with these guys as they have the best Gibson stock in the UK right now as it seems.

I have also purchased Mccarty 58 PRS, Jem7, Standard 2008 Les Paul and a Fender strat (gone back) didn t like.

I wanted to inpartially thank Steve for his support, Sean in Edinburgh also is very helpful.

Whats better they are dedicated Guitarists except for their Glasgow shop so you get good inpartial advice.

Highly Recommend them.

Ian Moore.

• 2 weeks later...

We got one in Epsom that opened up awhile back, they have great stock, im a lefty and upon walking in there the first time I got to play a LP custom and a ES-335 Dot cherry result! they do lack a bit of knowledge and experience but thats the difference between a chain and an independant store. (although Andertons in Guildford is a little worse) but you cant argue with their stock and facilities [thumbup]

I have used guitar guitar in Glasgow and apart from the wrong paperwork for my new L.P.Studio [cursing] they have been great.

Which Studio model?

What was the paper work screw up?

I've been to the Glasgow store, good selection of guitars, nice "sound proof" boothe to try out guitars in to boot, good selection of effects.

i bought my `57 vos goldtop from guitar guitar in glasgow.

the guitar tech Billy was spot on, answered all my questions and set up the guitar as required.

i`ve no problems with my guitar, all paperwork fine and it was a good experience,i would buy there again.

derek

Which Studio model?

What was the paper work screw up?

I've been to the Glasgow store, good selection of guitars, nice "sound proof" boothe to try out guitars in to boot, good selection of effects.

They had given me the paper work check list for a cherry red studio with gold hardware [thumbdn]

and I've got a Ebony studio with chrome hardware [thumbup]

• 3 weeks later...

I have bought my first LP Custom from these guys online, due to be delivered tomorrow.....can't complain about the service I received so far, £250.00 discount and a set of straplocks thrown in....friendly staff on the phone so thanks to Mark and Paul in Newcastle sales office

• 2 weeks later...

I used their outlet in Glasgow to buy a Gibson SG Junior, all round poor customer relations.

The £57 discount they agreed on the phone suddenly evaporated down to a £24 one when I entered the shop [ a 110 mile round trip for me ]

I didn't get offered a try-out on an amp as they were all taken by the usual Saturday afternoon noodlers, Goths and time-wasters. A box for the guitar

was too much bother and the assistant was typical Glaswegian, surly, dim and monosyllabic.

Luckily the guitar is beautiful and faultless.

Rant over.

Archived