Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Ace Budokan LP?

markerdown

So whats the deal with this? Has anybody heard anything about any Epi production on these?? I want one but no way can I afford a gibby. An Epi version will do just fine for me!

I think we got enough Slash Epi's produced, it's time for a new ACE!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They had an Ace signature model LP a few years ago, with 3 Dimarzios. How is this one different?

This one isn't so much a "signature" as a replica of the LP Custom Ace played at Budokan.

It has normal (for the period) Les Paul Custom cosmetics without any of the customized Ace inlays, etc.

The new one also has a real 3 piece solid maple cap (not veneered), a period correct 3 piece neck with a volute (though apparently no "pancake" body like the Gibson) and it has a real ebony board. It does have 3 DiMarzios, also, but middle and neck are PAF style, so they don't have the trademark DiMarzio pole pieces like the Super Distortion in the bridge.

Your wish is granted!

Here is the Epi Ace Frehley Budokan.

Do want.

http://www.epiphone.com/News/Features/Features/2012/The-Ace-Frehley-Budokan-Les-Paul-Custom-Outfit.aspx

Whoaa!!! [woot] Epiphone is getting really serious with their new stuff. The quality of their new builds is nothing short of excellent. Looks like I'm gonna have to do a lot of saving up if I wanna get my hands on their new gear. (Bonamassa, Budokan, Prophecy, lucille, Les Paul Tribute, Ultra, etc, etc...)

Soooo many awsome new models and not enough cash for them all. Love that 'Ace' model, gotta get one. =P~

(I wonder if Epi will ever build an Angus signature, '67 SG with Maestro, batwing guard and

a neck-joint like the original Gibby '67, Gibson 57 Classics...) I'd buy that in

a heartbeat. [thumbup][thumbup]

Paul

thanks for the linkl, i just email the customer service to see if they can ship this baby in Canada and i hope they can

Now i begin to hate Gibson those run are only for the U.S

i just receive the email from zzounds

Thanks for your email! Unfortunately, due to vendor restrictions we are

only able to ship the Epiphone Ace Frehley Budokan Les Paul Custom

Electric Guitar with Case

to addresses within the United States. We apologize for any

inconvenience. [cursing] [cursing] [cursing][mad]](*,)

Musician's Friend ships Epis to Canada, and I'm sure a couple others do to.

A local dealer might get one, or be able to order you one too...

I want one of these as well, and not because of anything Kiss, or Ace related. Just looks like a good guitar to me. [thumbup]

That's just wrong! [-(

Not on Gibson. [-X Not at all!!! [angry][cursing] :angry:

Paul

Being a KISS fan since I was about 8 - I am seriously thinking about getting this - Seeing the live in Japan concert and Ace on TV here made me want to learn guitar - just so it could shoot fireworks and explode - awesome !!

This song sums it up , fire breathing , Ace at his best - AWESOME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFZ86rMq6UI

Guitar Center also ship to Canada. I get my JB LTD from them.

Brilliant!!! If you live in Canada. ( by the way, would love to visit there one day)

But I live in "AUSTRALIA"!!!

That's just unfair to everyone else who're outside the USA IMO. (Take note Gib/Epi) [-(

I feel descriminated against. [mad] :angry:

Paul

but they wont ship this limited edition in canada what ever is musicien friend or other usa music store they can ship in Canada is the restriction gibson did, because i didn't find any store across canada they can have it [cursing]

Thomann.de ships to Canada

http://www.thomann.de/intl/basket.html

[thumbup]

Never would have thought to check with them, and it looks like I can get a few things cheaper from them (shipped) than I can from the US... As well as a few things I didn't know existed. [cursing]

but they wont ship this limited edition in canada what ever is musicien friend or other usa music store they can ship in Canada is the restriction gibson did, because i didn't find any store across canada they can have it [cursing]

They are fairly new, so not everyone has them yet. I'm sure MF will be getting them, and they will ship one to Canada.

Thomman, who Pete mentioned have them for 595.38, which translates into $774.29 CDN Shipped, compared to $799 without shipping from Zzounds...

Archived