Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Ace Budokan LP?

markerdown

Brilliant!!! If you live in Canada. ( by the way, would love to visit there one day)

But I live in "AUSTRALIA"!!!

That's just unfair to everyone else who're outside the USA IMO. (Take note Gib/Epi) [-(

I feel descriminated against. [mad] :angry:

They won't ship to Australia because of the agreement they have with AMI (Australian Musical Imports) who are the sole distributors for Gibson and Epiphone in this country, there are still ways around this restriction though, have it shipped to someone you know in the US/Europe and have them forward it on for you.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They won't ship to Australia because of the agreement they have with AMI (Australian Musical Imports) who are the sole distributors for Gibson and Epiphone in this country, there are still ways around this restriction though, have it shipped to someone you know in the US/Europe and have them forward on for you.

Hiya dude.

Yeah!! Always more than one way to skin that cat! [thumbup]

I love the way your devious mind works. LOL [laugh] (just kidding)

Now the hard part, saving up the cash and finding a co-conspiritor in the US. <_<

Paul

Hiya dude.

Oh no, you're right Paul, I am devious, LOL.

I refuse to buy locally for the most part, it almost always works out to be cheaper if you import it yourself, being a pensioner means my funds are severely limited, and I've never had a problem doing that yet, even though I've bought 50+ guitars that way, you just have to make sure that's what you want first and do a bit of research on the model in question beforehand.

Hiya dude.

Now the hard part, saving up the cash and finding a co-conspiritor in the US. dry.gif

Paul

Hmmmm................If it's legal, which it is, I'll help out............

I like the lightning bolts on the old one, but dislike the face on the headstock. I think the new budokan is awesome... But a double lightning bolt at 12 would be awesome, even if not "correct" for the period.

I told my wife about this one, and hinted that I wanted it since Ace is a childhood hero of mine. Her reply was, "That's nice. I"M GETTING A CAR FIRST!"

*sigh*

This is why I don't talk to my wife about this stuff. [laugh]

This is why I don't have a wife.

Gotta tell my missus. She's got a better eye for detail than I do and, she has a

good ear and knows what I like to listen for.

Plus, she'd be pissed if she didn't get the opportunity to help me choose. [scared]

She gets her new car first,(this month), then we'll see about my gas affliction. :rolleyes:

With a baby on the way, money's gonna get a bit tight though.

We'll see. Perhaps for my 50th we'll try for something special.(18 months away) ](*,)

Paul

Gotta tell my missus. She's got a better eye for detail than I do and, she has a

good ear and knows what I like to listen for.

Plus, she'd be pissed if she didn't get the opportunity to help me choose. [scared]

She gets her new car first,(this month), then we'll see about my gas affliction. :rolleyes:

With a baby on the way, money's gonna get a bit tight though.

We'll see. Perhaps for my 50th we'll try for something special.(18 months away) ](*,)

Paul

Always, always, always factor into the price of a guitar offsetting compensation for the wife (or husband, or etc.) ! For the right guitar, and it sounds like this one is the right one for you, a new car is a small price to pay.

Always, always, always factor into the price of a guitar offsetting compensation for the wife (or husband, or etc.) ! For the right guitar, and it sounds like this one is the right one for you, a new car is a small price to pay.

Been 11 years since her current car was bought. Really needs a new one.

I think it's high time she got a really decent bit of 'spoiling'.

Spoilt me last year with an Epi Korina Explorer and let me buy my new Marshall amp. [rolleyes][thumbup][thumbup]

A $50,000 SUV is what Gillian wife wants, that's what Gillian wife gets. [thumbup]

My turn will come 'round again soon enough. Besides, with baby on the way, gonna need

a bigger car anyway.

Paul

I told my wife about this one, and hinted that I wanted it since Ace is a childhood hero of mine. Her reply was, "That's nice. I"M GETTING A CAR FIRST!"

*sigh*

This is why I don't have a wife.

I dont care who you are...that, my friends, is funny...

I was looking at the Gibson version on their site and something struck me as very odd. Maybe even downright silly. I've noticed this offer applied to many brands and models as well.

There is a VOS version $7,529 msrp and an "AGED" version $12,235msrp.

Now here's what I find silly: For an extra five large, you're going to do to my guitar what I would otherwise try like heck not to do. Guess you saw me coming, heh?

I just can't believe that there are people who would actually buy into this kinda crap. I say if you want a beat up guitar with instant mojo, just loan it out to a teenager for a couple weeks. Or you can wait for it to be a floor model at your local GC. Voila! Aged after the first weeekend.

Now if you buy the Epiphone, the factory may beat it up a little but they won't charge ya extry fer it........

I was looking at the Gibson version on their site and something struck me as very odd. Maybe even downright silly. I've noticed this offer applied to many brands and models as well.

There is a VOS version $7,529 msrp and an "AGED" version $12,235msrp.

Now here's what I find silly: For an extra five large, you're going to do to my guitar what I would otherwise try like heck not to do. Guess you saw me coming, heh?

I just can't believe that there are people who would actually buy into this kinda crap. I say if you want a beat up guitar with instant mojo, just loan it out to a teenager for a couple weeks. Or you can wait for it to be a floor model at your local GC. Voila! Aged after the first weeekend.

Now if you buy the Epiphone, the factory may beat it up a little but they won't charge ya extry fer it........

+1

Couldn't agree more, even when I buy old guitars, the better condition they're in the more desirable to me, many like them reliced or worn though, that's fine, to each their own, just not for this little black duck. That price difference is absurd IMHO.

+1

Couldn't agree more, even when I buy old guitars, the better condition they're in the more desirable to me, many like them reliced or worn though, that's fine, to each their own, just not for this little black duck. That price difference is absurd IMHO.

I'm half tempted to go over to the Gibson board and ask who is actually going to buy the aged version. Then I would find out where they lived and go try to beat some sense into them.

Or maybe I just go into the "Instant Mojo" business. For only $5,000 I will make your guitar look like Pete Townsend got a hold of it. $10,000 for the Jimi treatment.

+1

Hiya Rastus, you're not wrong mate.

$12,000 for a bashed up, scuffed and scratched issue of a fine instrumentof rock?

MADNESS!! #-o I'd rather have the Epi version in mint condition. Any mark that appears on it would be of my doing.

Gillian would never accept any blemishes or any kind of damage to any of my guitars. Neither would I. [-(

All three are re-issues of the original model anyway.

$12,000 [scared] Tell 'em, "They're dreamin'!"

Paul

Or maybe I just go into the "Instant Mojo" business. For only $5,000 I will make your guitar look like Pete Townsend got a hold of it. $10,000 for the Jimi treatment.

There's another member here contemplating going into relicing, I'm behind him in his endeavour, if there's a market for it, why not make a quid out of it.

@Paul, Gillian and yourself seem to be a very sensible couple to me mate.

Archived