Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Les Pauls vs Rectangular Cases

Hi All,

Hope some of you can help with these stupid questions. I have a new Epi Les Paul Traditional Pro (feels/sounds great...hope I can do it justice one day). I am looking for a molded case for it and want to get a rectangular one. That way I have room to carry my lunch when I jam up an appetite (not really). But I do want to get a molded rectangular case for it. I am finding a few online that possibly would work but am not sure if:

1. The head will fit correctly (or would it be pressed into the bottom of the case when closed)?

2. What constitutes body height...the body itself or the body and bridge/tailpiece/knobs/toggle switch...etc?

3. Any suggestions for cases that would work?

I do not need a $200 plus case...at least not until I sign my first record deal.

Your input is much appreciated,

Stupid Qeustions

Thanks for the link Pete.R. I'll check it out. The rectangle's I have seen online really don't give a good indication if the headstock would fit okay due to the wicked angle of the headstock. Sure they give the interior depth but what is the interior depth from the neck rest?! It almost seems that Strat style guitars rule the rectangle case market. I guess that is what I get for wanting a case that is not in the shape of a LP.

Archived