Gibson Brands Forums

Parting post....

Gilliangirl

GG, although we've never had the chance to chat, as a new member, and a fellow Calgarian, I'm asking you to stay so we can discuss the music scene around here, not to mention the fine guitar stores here in our lovely city. Consider all the people around here who obviously want you to stay, and not one person who might have hurt feelings.

Cheers,

GWN

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Karen don't let a definite minority change anything especially how you feel. I'm one of the old timers here from severl years on the old forum even. You have always been a respected and appreciated member of the acoustic forum, don't let someone change that. The forum is supposed to a fun place to talk guitars and communicate with like minded people so don't let anyone change that. you KS Twilson and some of the elders statesman here are the only reason I check the acoustic side. If you still feel bad by a Les Paul and come on over to the dark side.

Hey.... I resent that and it is TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE!!! I love both my Bob Colosi pins in my Advance Jumbo AND my Taylor which was my first guitar love.... (as you might have guessed from my moniker.)

"Jimmy (my deck hand), grab me some more bait - they appear to be biting!"

G-girl, What's this all about? I always had fun with your posts and never considered anything inappropriate. A few of my posts have pushed the envelope and nothing was ever said to me. It's not right. If you do leave (voluntarily or not), let me know and I will gladly remove myself from this forum. I don't appreciate bullies and can do without them. It has been getting a little weird here. You've been cool (even for a Canadian). STAY.

Karen,

When I get electronically impersonally hassled - I ask the anonymous dw on the other end to cite and send proof so you can get a second opinion. They will deflect and digress - because their intent is not to protect ME, or TW or Antny007 and our tender sensitivities from you. It is to build up their ego - because someone at work (if they have a job) slapped them down for similar behaviour. Please consider the vibration you will accept if you accept this attack as true. Although this is only a forum, it is a microcasm of our culture and society and should be maintainted with values we ALL believe in. Please put this vile attack behind you today and laugh tomorrow! Jim

If I responded to critics I would have left a long time ago. Look at the recent abuse started by jannusguy that you even participated in slagging me for my position on Bob Colosi Snake Oil that you prefer to call bridge pins - sucker !!!

i don't consider taking you to task for your own words as abuse. i figure if you're going to dish out heaping helpings of your snide sarcasm to the rest of us here, then you'd better be able to swallow it when someone serves you a plate right back. and i'm always gonna be in the kitchen with a pot simmering on the stove. others here defend your comments as misguided attempts at humor. i, on the other hand, call it as i see it, disrespectful, dismissive, rude, inappropriate and an overarching crap attitude toward others in general. so, you sit there and chuckle, thinking you're winding us up and baiting us with your vast and absolute knowledge of all things guitar and your not so cleverly disguised insults. in the meantime, maybe i'll suggest a poll addressing whether or not you've worn out your welcome.

Karen,

You don't even like me and I don't think you should go!

Remember, I stayed away for a year after a big one in which I tried everything from an explanation, to an apology, to asking (you know who) for help via a private message. I finally lost my temper after being barbecued by nearly everyone back then. Heck, you don't even talk to me anymore! But, I should have stayed and refused to be chased. So should you! I went a year without a post and now I never try to start one, but only reply once in a blue moon instead! If you go, it will get under your skin and really cause a full gambit of emotions that will bother you every darn day. That aint right. And, I don't think that is you!

You never say anything you should be jumped about. Whoever did whatever he/or she did, was a cold person and not the kind of individual you need be bothered by. Get tough on this one and stay!

Steve

I've been informed by someone on the forum that my posts have been inappropriate' date=' have been like that for some time, and it has upset some of you. I assure all of you that was NEVER EVER my intention. My idle chit chat was, well, just that, idle chit chat, and never meant to be anything more than that. I was not aware that I was coming off in any other fashion. I apologize to those who were offended by my posts.

I feel like I should exit the forum, so I will. I will miss you all. [/quote']

GG I hope you read all this a a guest.

What the expledive deletive is goin on?

BTW Sorry about my spelling and languager but I am as newr as I get to incensed!"!!¬

I always though that you were likely to be the offended not the offender!

Like TW I thought I may have pi$$ed you off a couple of times but how on earth anything I have ever read you have written caused any offence to any one beats me.

I have been away for a couple days and don't have much time to read this thread right through but I know that if Rob Terry and N!k and just about evryone else who regularly contributes to this section of the forum are peed off then there's something nasty going on.

Just a thought if everyone's defending you, you the ********** hell if attacking you??

Stay!

Thats a friggin order.

Large drink for GG at next years homecoming

That's another friggin order!

I have the $1.25 saved already"

I have been a member of this forum for a relatively brief period but I find it the most entertaining, humorous, honest geet forum I have the good fortune to belong to and...........Gillian, you are an important part of it......a great contributor. If we lose you, this forum will lose a little of its wonderous soul. There are times,especially when I first joined, when I laughed so loud while reading the posts my family would come running........ now they eagerly anticipate as I read the comments out. Heck many of you including Gillian have become household names around here.

Gillian Girl....

I just love you and I have never seen you say anything that isn't fun and well intentioned! biggrin.gif/

I have posted and tried to be a part of about 6 different guitar forums and keep coming back to THIS ONE.....Why?

This group has always been one of the most pleasant, civil and adult. Obviously we are a group of many different people with different lives, thoughts, beliefs, personalities....etc...etc....etc. But what makes a group like this both entertaining and useful is bringing all that into a discussion. Freely exchanging "opinions" "points of view" and then debating these ideas. Many of these threads will never provide a single correct answer, but will provide a reader with information to make their own judgments. There is no single correct answer to our bridge pin debate, best strumming guitar debate,.....etc...etc. although many of us hold strong opinions based upon the same data and scientific facts.

There are a couple on this board who take things a bit too seriously or perhaps try to tweak things up a bit too much....Let them be themselves. Defend yourself if you need to otherwise let them be who they are and ignore it.

As OneWily always says ....they are just little words on a computer screen.

Karen....if you chose to leave because of someone being petty and childish ....first of all it would be like Guitarstummer leaving and secondly it would take away much of what makes this forum so special.

If this continues ....please expose this person to the group as a whole in order for us to know who is trying to rip the community asunder and also take this up with Mike @ Gibson so the Admin can make this right. If they get away with this once ....who is next to be targeted by this miscreant ?

As you can see from this thread....you are loved! You are a part of the heart and soul of this group......please stay!

"Karen

2004 Southern Jumbo with bridge pins by Bob Colosi

1993 Seagull S6 cedar, with plastic pins but I'm going to get pins from Bob Colosi for this one too, based on the scientific research that it will improve the sound"

OK......NOW I see why Karen got hasseled.......because she uses Bob Colosi pins on her guitars.....The shallowness of some people to make her wrong for that opininon........Who was the guy who electronically harassed her?????? Come on, you could bother her and make her wrong for her opinions, but you can't own up to what you have done??? Come on, be a man....

"Karen

1993 Seagull S6 cedar' date=' with plastic pins but I'm going to get pins from Bob Colosi for this one too, based on the scientific research that it will improve the sound"

OK......NOW I see why Karen got hasseled.......because she uses Bob Colosi pins on her guitars.....The shallowness of some people to make her wrong for that opininon........Who was the guy who electronically harassed her?????? Come on, you could bother her and make her wrong for her opinions, but you can't own up to what you have done??? Come on, be a man....[/quote']

+++++++++++++++++++++++ afew hundred thousand Wily!

C'mon guys how can we let some prat upset "our " ladies?

This is universally unacceptable but bears huge testament tyo the sensitivity of Karen that she should be so hurt by some outrageous comment! Still trying to think of all the regulars and especially those who haven't come out to support the Lady!

There is nothing in her last 10 posts at all!

You are right Wily, get the cad to speak out!!!

Have the bounder make the allegation in public!!!

Buy most of all Karen , and I DO MEAN this

Please don't go!

If you do our thoughts are with you!

BUT DON'T!!!!!

"Karen

1993 Seagull S6 cedar' date=' with plastic pins but I'm going to get pins from Bob Colosi for this one too, based on the scientific research that it will improve the sound"

OK......NOW I see why Karen got hasseled.......because she uses Bob Colosi pins on her guitars.....The shallowness of some people to make her wrong for that opininon........Who was the guy who electronically harassed her?????? Come on, you could bother her and make her wrong for her opinions, but you can't own up to what you have done??? Come on, be a man....[/quote']

IF OWF is correct here, i suspect we already know who the culprit is. it certainly wouldn't be out of character for him to behave abysmally.

Interesting development....

It seems as if every post by one "Ballcorner" has dissappeard....... Wonder how that happend? =P~

Also, I can't find a couple where I quoted him other than one where I edited it differently on this topic. He had made a snide comment about Taylor's being "Girly" and I was having some fun when I replied on that, but even that quote and response from me is gone somehow. This is getting weirder and weirder....... Anyone have thoughts on how that happend. I even went back to the original thread about pins that likely was the start of this whole thing and his posts are gone when I know there were some there berfore. I don't want to suggest it was him, but Hmmmmmmm?

Archived