Gibson Brands Forums

Parting post....

Gilliangirl

This is what I love about this forum-All I wanted to do was lure GG back with a deluxe bedroom invite and all it does is degenerate into a car discussion.

GG PLEASE GAZE UPON OUR WINTER GET AWAY VEHICLE-If this doesn't get you back nothing will-

Moosepowerballwinneronvacation.jpg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friends would never let a matter get so out of hand and inadvertantly involve so many other people. This post has escalated to a point where there could be ireconcilable differences + people pointing fingers.

I hope you can repair the relationship how ever you look at it

Gman

Ain't no use bumping - Karen done gone and gone.

A certain person saw to that (no names no pack-drill, no finger pointing, no accusing of this or that).

Until she shows her lovely guitar here again, and lightens things a tad with her charm, wit , erudition and sweet naive vulnerabilities, we will just have to miss her and hope.

Now - where's the 'smiley' streaming tears of sorrow and frustration.

Dagnab it - 20 smileys and no tears. 6 silent negatives ( =; :( :D :-&:-$ :D ) though.

Guess this'll have to suffice.....

:(

I've been in contact with Karen off and on over the past week so I probably have a tiny bit more info than most, which isn't necessarily a good thing to be carrying around. Being human with all it's faults I have naturally formed my own opinions and they are opinions I'm not comfortable having. I told Karen I would support her decision out of respect for her as a friend, whether she opts to never come back or if she does decide to speak out.

I certainly don't feel comfortable speaking up for her if she simply wants to go away; that would just result in more hurt feelings with nothing fixed. Likewise I don't feel good knowing what she went through, or at the very least her perception of the harassing emails. I can't pass judgement on the person who sent them; it's not my place to do so.

All I can say is that the forum members are not getting the whole story. I'm not throwing down the gauntlet here or stirring up old fights, just saying there are always two sides to every story.

BUMP

Come back please

I have ordered a Gilliam Welch CD and will learn at least one song.................. promise

As long as Terry lends me his elastic bands!

Yes' date=' come back Karen we need your sensibilities. And Johnt, I have the bands in the sterilizer for you![/color']

Without benefit of a rose among us thorns, us fellers have lost sight of our un-usual manners. They've begun cussin', spittin, and scratchin' where it itches.

It's become a regualar Deer Camp!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb9yhhflmvY

For those of you not from the mid-west a Yooper is the name of a person from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, where deer hunting is a religion. The Upper Peninisual is abbreviated and referred to as the U.P. which begets U.P.er or Yooper... one who lives in the U.P.

We need you back, Karen, to give us a reason mind our manners.

With all due respect Scott, by referring to my e-mails as harassing or suggesting that she went through anything, whether by her perception or your conclusion based on what she has apparently provided you, is suggesting that Karen is giving you the complete and accurate version of everything which has taken place. Like you said, there are two sides to every story. Nothing I stated in my previous response post is untrue. This is a private matter between Karen and me and should not involve other forum members.

If Karen feels that forum rules were violated, I would encourage her to contact the forum moderators and present her documentation. As I told another forum member who e-mailed me and suggested that he may be doing that, I would welcome the opportunity to talk to the moderators and present my documentation as well. The moderators can then objectively decide if any forum rules were violated and by whom, based on all of the documentation, some of which goes back years, and not on just one person’s perspective. If Karen feels she has a complaint, the matter should be taken to the moderators by Karen and not debated on this open forum, especially by other forum members on her behalf, who do not have all of the information.

You said in your post that the forum members are not getting the whole story, again suggesting that you are getting the whole story from Karen. If Karen decides to comment publicly or if other members speak on her behalf, there again, it would only be her side of the story. That’s another reason why the moderators should get involved if Karen feels she has a complaint and wishes to contact them and have them review all of the information that she knows to exist.

I do not intend on making further comments on this matter on this forum. This thread has turned into a popularity contest, which serves no useful purpose. The proper way to resolve this issue is by an objective third party to become involved, who has considered all of the facts, and not by popularity. If Karen decides to involve the moderators and if they determine that I have done anything wrong, I am more than ready to step aside and move on.

By involving other forum members in her cause in this manner, she now surely realizes that any friendship she once had with my family or me, cannot be repaired. Any decision made by a forum moderator can’t compete with that, although I am convinced as I'm sure you would all also be if you knew everything, that I have not violated any forum rules.

Why do the words 'with all due respect' make me uneasy.....

I have a sneaky feeling that most of us couldn't give a flying fig as to what may or may not have gone down between forum members outside of the forum. All we seem to be concerned about is the simple unpleasant fact that anybody could feel pressured into quitting the forum by another forum member. The mods is a different issue - it's their forum, their rules, their call.

Nobody is running a smear campaign, trying to impugn anybody's name or even really suggesting that bad things have come to pass. All people seem to want is for whatever differences may be going down to be pursued elsewhere (if they really need to be pursued at all). They are none of our business. Most of us know that.

But what is patently obvious is that the vast majority (well - the voluble majority anyway) would like Gilliangirl to feel welcome here, with all her naive charms and girlish ways (and yes, I do know her age - but a gentleman doesn't tell).

I wonder possibly, also, if some might wish the Honourable Gentleman from Colorado would lighten up a tad with the guardian of public morals, taste and decorum stuff. All this talk of 'presenting documentation.....' sheesh, we are not a court - leastways we weren't last I looked, and I am praying right now that no laws have been broken in the threads leading up to this......

Even the pups and punks on here are old enough and ugly enough to look after themselves.....

Trial and judgement by public opinion with limited information is never a good thing!

I think as forum members it is good to keep up the call for Karen to come back...show our affection and friendship. Let all parties know that we would like for them to work this out.

Much more than this and we are just picking the scab and keeping things from healing or even making things worse.

Trial and judgement by public opinion with limited information is never a good thing!

I think as forum members it is good to keep up the call for Karen to come back...show our affection and friendship. Let all parties know that we would like for them to work this out.

Much more than this and we are just picking the scab and keeping things from healing or even making things worse.

Agreed

We all want the same thing.

That's it.

End of...

Keep on bumping in the free world!

As a forum participant I think we can all agree that Mike is the man. A wealth of information and a gentleman. Karen is/was great too. This place has always been an oasis of maturity, goodwill and brotherhood on the nasty old internet. Now we are so far off topic I'm starting to worry about lasting damage. And none of us really know sh*t. I don't really care unless its got something to do with a wooden box and 6/12 strings. I take Mike at his word and appreciate his continued wisdom and commentary.

Can we move on?

It is best for all forum members, for Karen and the Guitarstrummer alike to today read the post in which the Guitarstrummer has declared he has made his last statement on this matter and has no intentions of further comment as to such on this forum. Karen has shown a great deal of restraint in ignoring the Guitarstrummer's two clearly baited posts.

Placing the issue of dispute aside,there is something of real importance worthy of declaration to forum members who were not present before the Guitarstrummer's appearance upon the Gibson Acoustic Forum. The Guitarstrummer, is no more or less than an equal member of this forum and enjoys no greater status beyond that of any other member, unless he is prepared to acknowledge an actual affiliation with Gibson for which he is somehow compensated and we are uninformed. Otherwise, as stated, he holds no higher status than any current member or past member of this forum. Therefore, his two posts concerning this matter glare with question. In addition, in a private message to a forum member he is not vested to declare anything beyond his own opinion. The Guitarstrummers's daily presence on the forum does not empower him beyond that of any active member.

Concerning the Homecoming event, please do not mistake this voluntary activity by the Guitarstrummer as a position of status or official ranking within Gibson itself. He is to be congratulated on his hard work in the event, and yet no additional accolade is due him. Should the Guitarstrummer wish to declare an official position with Gibson he can do so at anytime, or have Gibson officials do so on his behalf. Mike, is not "the man", he is the member! He is a knowledgable member and we appreciate that fact. For those who were not members before the Guitarstrummer's arrival, I would caution all to remain aware there is a great deal more to the story. I hope the Guitarstrummer will see fit to contribute to the forum, but should he choose to leave I am sure we all wish him well. Let us hope the Guitarstrummer is serious about ceasing his commentary on this current matter and we return to the issues of the guitar.

How did it come to this guys (and gals)? This is the kind of arguement that can tear familes apart. Yes, maybe I am wrong but I do think of this place as a family of guitar loving people... From my short time here, I know that both Mike and Karen are intergral parts of the Gibson forum, both have been members much longer than I and both have a wealth of knowledge and obvious love of these wooden boxes we play. How can continuing this debate provide any resolution? Isn't it obvious that this is a matter than only Mike and Karen can settle between themselves? Our comments likely are not helping to resolve it. When my kids fight with each other (I have 4 so I do know of what I speak) I have found that letting them work things out between themselves is much better for them and the rest of our family. I don't like it when my 3 son's take sides against my daughter or if my wife or I picks a side in a dispute that is not clear cut. But I do usually let them work it out so as not to "come down for or against" unless it is absolutly necessary. I don't think that by us saying either Mike or Karen is in the wrong here helps the situation. What needs to happen, (if it isn't too late) is for each of them to take a good long look in the mirror and ask themselves if a small disagreement has blown up into a large irreparible one. I for one hope not! At this point we seem to have lost Karen, I don't think it would help to drive Mike out with our comments either. Time has a way of healing wounds and I am hoping that since it is obvious they have each others contact information, and they have had a good realationship together in the past, that they can spend some time reflecting on what the loss of each other is, then when the time is right, PRIVATLY, apologize to each other (if that is what is necessary... I really don't know, nor would I pretend to judge who is wrong or right as most times "it takes two to tango".) Then and only then, will Karen feel comfortable coming back and Mike feel totally comfortable joining in with the rest of us in the light hearted banter that I have always found in this small plot of interspace..... Let's back off and see if it can't be worked out between the two of them.

Archived