Gibson Brands Forums

I Have Crossed Over.

AXE®

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet! I love my Strat but I was never sure until I got one. Now I can't do without it. It's by far the best-bang-for-your-buck guitar in the planet. So how do you like the S-1 switch? I think it gives a great range of tonal possibilities.

Nice Strat.

I love my 'ole Strat and also want a new Candy Apple V-neck Am Deluxe. Played a '57 Hot Rod awhile back and was amazed at how comfortable that neck is [on my hand anyway] but I want a 22 fretter. Now, I'll have to change the pups bare minimum when I get it but the nice thing about Fenders is they don't comparibly cost an arm and a leg so doing mods isn't quite so painful as it is on a $3-5K guitars - see Lifeson threads. In any case, once you get the sound or just the function in some cases right for what you want to do with it, it is just another musical tool to use. Want a Tele as well and I'll mod it too when I get it but would like one with a decent tremolo on it. May have to go MIM to get it.

So, in the mean time, got another Carvin that's a Tele type and so much more.

Just geetars folks . . .

I've got one Fender strat and an ESP strat and tele. There are some "twangy" things a tele simply does better. I personally prefer ESP's to Fenders, because the ESP strat/tele has the soft V shaped neck, which, to me, feels better than the Fender C shape.

I've got one Fender strat and an ESP strat and tele. There are some "twangy" things a tele simply does better. I personally prefer ESP's to Fenders, because the ESP strat/tele has the soft V shaped neck, which, to me, feels better than the Fender C shape.

You can always buy a V. Squier CV and I do believe HR 52's have a V.

Archived