Gibson Brands Forums

Pedals...

ShredAstaire

OK so here's my list of pedals...its not many but here goes:

Boss TU-3 Tuner

Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor (Which I don't use much)

Boss DD-7 Digital Delay

EHX Electric Mistress Chorus/Flanger

EHX Big Muff Pi Fuzz

What am I missing? I'm getting more into pedals and i'm looking for some suggestions on MUST HAVE pedals.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand go.

I generally have about 10 pedals on my board at any given time. Some are more expendable than others. The two I can't seem to do without right now are the Lovepedal COT 50 (Church of Tone 50) and my own modified Ibanez TS9. These two seem to make all my amps sound better!

Boss TU-2 (I'm too cheap to buy a new one, and mine ain't broke yet). -I don't plug into this, I just set it on my amp.

Lately when I'm playing at home, it's this stuff:

Russian Big Muff Pi.

Electro Harmonix Octave Multiplexer.

MXR Carbon Copy.

Boss PH1. -I also have a MXR Phase 90. The old Boss phaser sounds way better. The Ph1 is pretty old, I don't gig with it because I don't want to have a beer spilled in it or something.

I also like just using a ProCo RAT for the dirt.

***edit I'm also thinking about some kinda new overdrive.

I've been looking hard at tremolo pedals, and have narrowed down what I think I'm interested in to a Fulltone Supatrem or a Catalinbread Semaphore Trem...I really like what I see from Catalinbread, as they seem to put quirky spins on "traditional" effects, or at least give you the traditional effects with the option to put your own quirky spin on it...

Pigtronix is another brand which appeals to me...

As Searcy said, if that were my board, I'd have some other O/D or Distortion option on it...I like versatility so O/D pedals like the Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet appeal to me (which I have and like). I also have a TS808 and they do not seem to get the love that TS9's or Keeley modified versions get, but I love it. I noticed you have a Big Muff Pi fuzz....I think the 808 or even the Fulldrive 2 are great for boosting a fuzz pedal with (especially if you're using a humbucker equipped guitar - seems to clean it up and pushes you into the "metal" realm).

I've got a Way Huge Swollen Pickle fuzz and it sounds HUGE and maniacal when I boost it with my 808 with the gain cranked. I've actually been thinking about doing a "demo" of it just for the helluvit. Perhaps I will...

Good luck on your quest...I'm a pedal rookie too and have only begun getting into them over the last year or so...

OK so here's my list of pedals...its not many but here goes:

Boss TU-3 Tuner

Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor (Which I don't use much)

Boss DD-7 Digital Delay

EHX Electric Mistress Chorus/Flanger

EHX Big Muff Pi Fuzz

What am I missing? I'm getting more into pedals and i'm looking for some suggestions on MUST HAVE pedals.

I think from what you have you need a boost of sorts - like a tube screamer. However, this also depends on the amp you are plugging into. A tube screamer is not that great going into a SS amp.

Having said that - my most used pedals are:

1. Tim (I almost never turn it off).

2. Reverb - I don't have an amp with reverb

3. Tuner - you already have one.

4. BYOC boost that I built.

5. Eternity Love clone that I built.

If I at least have my smallsound/bigsound **** overdrive I'm good to go.

My ideal board atm is Zvex Super Hard On, Devi Ever Torns Peaker, ss/bs **** overdrive, Dr Scientist Cosmichorus, Strymon El Capistan. I took these pedals to an epic jam yesterday and it was perfection. Not too many pedals for me to concentrate, just enough for me to make some rad sounds and focus on playing.

dem00n has a No Brainer. Also check out the Dr Scientist Elements and **** overdrive.

There is a great app available for both Android and iPhone called Evernote, and I use it extensively, both for work and personal use. I'm nearly certain I have attention deficit disorder ( [tongue] ), and a bad memory, so I'm a "list keeper". Evernote has been a great way for me to keep track of things on multiple devices, and so on...(No, I don't work for them...)

Anywho, I mention it because I happen to keep a gear wishlist or "gear to remember and look back into" list...Your "notes" are shareable in a number of different ways. So here's my "gear wishlist/stuff to research further" stuff...You'll notice a few trems on there...as I said, I'm "in the market" for one.

EvanPC's Evernote Gear Wishlist

I would love to have a VB-2 and a DM-2. I bet they sound nice together too.

They do indeed! If I could only keep 2 pedals out of the collection, it'd be them. The VB-2 is great for the "slightly warped record" sound, and the DM-2 has a tendency to stay on the majority of the time it's plugged in [biggrin] . It's not the most versatile delay, but there's not a bad sound in it and the slapback is heavenly.

Everybody should own 2 of them!!

I saw a DM-2 for sale for really cheap a while ago but I didn't have the cash for it. Kind of a bummer. I already have too many pedals as it is though haha

My Dr Scientist Cosmichorus does the most incredibly beautiful vibrato but the VB-2 has a much more "transparent" sound that I would find useful for some applications. I REALLY love the Cosmichorus though and I get a lot of compliments on it so I'm keeping it around haha

LOL! dem00n, i knew you posted it a while ago but i didn't know you got one. I've been considering it for a while now...should I pull the trigger? Will I love it?

Yeah of course you will love it, you will even love it with your Tele. [scared]

Archived