Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone what to tell about fav Christmas Gift this year?

Aster1

snowblower.jpgBIG RED

Hello from balmy Iowa & the most anticipated Caucus in the country. 52 here today and warm for the last week. Wanted snow about 2 weeks ago, but since we didn't have a "WHITE CHRISTMAS", I can be good if Big Red get's no exercise this winter.

What did everyone get that ended up as their favorite few things this year? I offer up great suggestions to my sweet wife (couldn't do w/o her) and she usually gets me stuff she "wants me to like" and almost always mail orders a bunch of P.O.S. quality stuff. ](*,) One year, since I'm an outdoors guy, she saw in one of those hundreds of M.O. cat., what had to be a 50-1 survival axe. Oh Lordy, it had a hollow handle and everything and I don't think you could cut yourself with the axe blade if you tried. I still remember the little plastic compass that was on the end of the handle. [biggrin] The one in a Cracker Jack box would have been better to find your way with. I was a good sport about it. Oh yeah, I got a nice candle display too (had your 3" tree branches cut and arraigned with a cutout for a votive candle in the top. Man, I did a Hollywood performance on liking those beauties. This year my Mother-in-Law (bless her 95 yr. old heart) got me a "Tweedy Bird" Chia Planter. Now I know where my wife get's this from.

Chia-Tweety-272x300.jpg

Post what you got that you love. I'll let other get started & then I'll chime back in.

Aster

All really Niiice. Tell me about that pick maker. I need to get one and use it on my Credit Cards (so I don't order anything else after seeing all those new Fuller Guitar Specials).

Anyone else have some cool things to list? Great start. Let's see what everyone else got and love. What would Forum approved be? It doesn't have to be forum approved (does it)?

BTW, anyone want to trade anything for my Tweedy Chia? He don't have no green hair yet and is still new in the box.

Aster

My favorite Christmas gifts were these:

ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 Motherboard:

asrock-hello-bulldozer-990fx-5-b.jpg

And my second graphics card to couple with the one that I already had. Gigabyte 6850 Windforce:

u_09168134.jpg

Sorry guys but the guitar gear I got just doesn't even compare to the computer gear I got. msp_flapper.gifmsp_cool.gif

Man, some very cool stuff again!! Surfpup, I almost jumped on a 15% off deal on a class 5 yesterday and then backed off with (what the he-- do you need another amp for) question. Well, I don't need anything but food, water, shelter, but I WANT IT BAD. How's it sound and would it be redundant with an AC15C1 Vox? LesPaul & know what you mean about crawling around on the floor. My knees won't take it anymore and just got the Sporty up on a lift for the winter. The Road King is parked behind just on its Jiffy stand.

Tell me more about that cool looking guitar amp that's an open rig. Takes me back to my days of building tons of high end audio amp equip. & stuff.

On the computer parts, are you building a new rig or adding to an existing computer? Gaming or making $$ with it?

Here's my favorite two things for Christmas, I think anyway.

Both will go on my Harley Softail Deluxe:

Nostalgic Air Cleaner Cover

NostalgicAirCleanerCover.jpg

For his Sissy Bar to dress it up this:

SissyBarEmblem.jpg

Still no one trading out for my Tweedy Bird Chia? Dang it, now I have to post something on Craigs List.

Aster

Tman,

Looks like a couple of HDMI outputs on the video processor. I may get something put together for a dist. video & media (music/photo) server to put all my DVD's & stuff I've collected over the years and call up around the house. We sell a nice one with my company, but I do mostly classic movies (so no blu-ray player needed on it) and the one we configure/sell is a bit pricey even with a Dealer/employee cost price.

Looks cool what your building. I likes it.

Aster

Archived