Gibson Brands Forums

Hummingbird Mini? please Ren

BluesKing777

I may have been dreaming, but it occurred to me earlier that if Gibson made a Hummingbird TV Mini - perhaps L-00 size or even 000 size - with the same design and materials (mahogany) as the full guitar - I would do everything I could to get one!

It has been a few months where everyone on this forum has bought Hummingbirds! I do like them but they are really the wrong size guitar for blues and roots fingerpicking, so here is a plea to Gibson and Ren to come up with a range for the fingerpicker that wants a guitar that looks a bit fancier than the standard natural finish or sunburst finish. My Blues King sounds great, but a bit boring to look at.

At the extreme end of the range could be a Doves-In-Flight Mini! Bling everywhere....and don't forget a 12 string....

I'm sure the fingerpickers and female guitarists that want a smaller guitar would snap them up!

BluesKing777.

I may have been dreaming, but it occurred to me earlier that if Gibson made a Hummingbird TV Mini - perhaps L-00 size or even 000 size - with the same design and materials (mahogany) as the full guitar - I would do everything I could to get one!

So, why don't you order one? Just do it!

-- Bob R

So, why don't you order one? Just do it!

-- Bob R

I've never ordered a thing in my life - I'm more of the touch/see/buy type normally, though I have bought some cheap guitars on eBay this year, which I would not have dreamed of doing once.

So, good idea thanks!

I was thinking of a fancy small guitar line available to the common people, but perhaps I am the only potential customer.

Custom order, damn, what an idea. How could I decide between L-00 size, LG size?, Cherry, Black, Sunburst, 6 string, 12 string. I want them all. I need to sweat it!

Perhaps I should do a Poll?

BluesKing777.

I've never ordered a thing in my life - I'm more of the touch/see/buy type normally, though I have bought some cheap guitars on eBay this year, which I would not have dreamed of doing once.

So, good idea thanks!

I was thinking of a fancy small guitar line available to the common people, but perhaps I am the only potential customer.

Custom order, damn, what an idea. How could I decide between L-00 size, LG size?, Cherry, Black, Sunburst, 6 string, 12 string. I want them all. I need to sweat it!

Perhaps I should do a Poll?

BluesKing777.

Ren will know what to suggest . just give a 5 star dealear a call or email and then can help you out with Ren's help also .

I've done this a few times with Fuller's and each time has been quite an experience!

JC

What WOULD be a MB mini? I can't even grasp the concept.

I mean, I personally consider the HB to be a GREAT blues guitar. It has a sound and a tone that seems better suited to blues than, say, a Martin D-18.

As for smaller guitars, there are 2 ways that a smaller bodied guitar "fits" into being a blues axe. One is tradition, or authenticity. For playing a music as close as possible to a certain era or time period, the HB concept could not really apply because it didn't exist yet.

The other way a smaller guitar "fits" is because of the sound that a smaller body produces. As for the tone an HB does, if it isn't the size we are talking about, it would be the woods used and the construction? So, how would it differ from other smaller bodied mahogony Gibsons, or also, what would make one more of a "Bird" than what is available now? Or say, an LG?

I say all this to say that the term "HB MINI" does not exist. Rather, it is a totally NEW concept. I don't know what it is, but I like it!

If Im not mistaken... Gibson did a Mini Version of a dreadnaught quite some time ago.... and Not anything like the 3/4 Lg1s.. and prior to Bozeman.. I inquired on the cost to do a Harp Guitar... a Double necked archtop, and a Tiny version of a Bird at one time... The prices were way up there... and No time on being done... this was back in the Custom shop days....

I was quite a dreamer back then on what would be cool to own what no one else owned .. But the Dollar factor changed the dreaming alot..

"I mean, I personally consider the HB to be a GREAT blues guitar"

I agree Stein, I also think the HB is great for blues ..Keef obviously thought so too :) A main criteria for BluesKing seemed to be aesthetics... a smaller guitar with the whole HB look. Would be very cool, but just a thought... the iconic pick guard wouldn't fit a smaller guitar if i'm right in my thinking..? so it means a totally new die/mold and machine to manufacture... ?????

"I mean, I personally consider the HB to be a GREAT blues guitar"

:) A main criteria for BluesKing seemed to be aesthetics... a smaller guitar with the whole HB look.

Yes!

Gibson L-00 True Vintage - Mahogany b/s, Ad top, Klusons,

BUT with the Hummingbird Paintjob and pickguard.

and another line with:

Gibson L-00 True Vintage - Mahogany b/s, Ad top, Klusons,

But with Doves-in-Flight colours and trim.

BluesKing777.

Archived