Gibson Brands Forums

Should I Keep This G-400?

lemonhead

It is a tough call to make and I feel like I am being a little too picky.

Not too picky at all, bottom line is it's your money and if you're not satisfied with your new geet, then you should do something about it.

For anyone that may be following this thread, I want to provide closure. I went to GC this morning and played around with 5 different Epiphone G-400s. I'm sad to say that none felt as good as the one I already own. I even looked at an "identical" model and the frets themselves actually look different from the ones on my guitar. After spending some time thinking about it and talking to a few employees, I returned to my guitar and decided it is the one for me. The manager said he would discount it 10%. I told him I expected 20% and asked him to meet me in the midddle at 15%. He said he could do 15%. So, I feel good about it now. Just being able to go back in the store and look at the selection of Epiphone SG guitars between $300-$400, play every one of them, looking at the construction of the others after owning mine for a week, and comparing every detail was enough for me. I know I have the right guitar, even if she does have a small birthmark on her left cheek.

The nut looks abit worn to me, I wouldn't know much but just looks abit worn.

I think it was filed. I looked at several nuts today while in the store and most looked the same. Also, the camera and extreme closeup really emphasizes the wear/filing.

Archived