Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Ripper schematic

Bjorn Hreinsson

Yes, there are some small changes depending on what year the bass was built. Here is a drawing made of the woring of a 76 Ripper

74Ripperwiringdiag.jpg

This is a drawing of a modified 78 Ripper.

78Ripperwiringdiag.jpg

I have an old 78 out in my shop that I'm plannign to rebuild. I'll see if I can find the wiring for it this week. We need to figure out what year your bass is.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, there are some small changes depending on what year the bass was built. Here is a drawing made of the woring of a 76 Ripper

74Ripperwiringdiag.jpg

This is a drawing of a modified 78 Ripper.

78Ripperwiringdiag.jpg

I have an old 78 out in my shop that I'm plannign to rebuild. I'll see if I can find the wiring for it this week. We need to figure out what year your bass is.

Hi my name is rick and I'm new to the forum. I have a question about your 74/76 alder ripper schematic. I have a 76 ebony ripper bass that is in need of a great deal of repair with the wiring. what is the red and white cap in the 74/76 schematic? thank you! here is a few pics of the bird nest wiring in my ripper

2e0s1s4.jpg

2n891c1.jpg

2pop27l.jpg

jl5r0h.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,I'd like to jump in. I just rewired a modified ripper but the volume and tone controls now have minimal dynamic range and the vol won't shut off completely. The caps are .047 and .1. I've attached pics. Would appreciate suggestions on trouble shooting. I'm thinking we fried a pot (or 3); first soldering job...Sorry for barging in and thanks for any help. Btw, the 0.1 cap seems physically huge compared to the original and photos of some other caps I've seen. Also, the pups are Bartolini hi-a, so i'm not sure the choke is really needed....

I wanted to share an album on Photobucket with you!

http://photobucket.c...88/doug921/maya bass/band/new wiring

I wanted to share something on Photobucket with you!

th_cdcc55f7.jpg

th_a19bf396.jpg

See the fullsize version at: http://s1117.photobucket.com/albums/k588/doug921/maya%20bass/band/new%20wiring/?action=view¤t=a19bf396.jpg&evt=user_media_share

Archived