Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson's Learn and Master Guitar?

Hey all, just got my guitar and wanted to get some feedback on the Gibson guitar lesson pack. I wanted to see what you guys thought about it and if it was a worth while tool. I found it for about $89 so i thought i may give it a try if i could get some positive feedback on it. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hey all, just got my guitar and wanted to get some feedback on the Gibson guitar lesson pack. I wanted to see what you guys thought about it and if it was a worth while tool. I found it for about $89 so i thought i may give it a try if i could get some positive feedback on it. Thanks!

I had it...did it for several months. I just did not get into it. I wanted to learn to read music and start from basics like that. Maybe I did not put in the time required, but it did not motivate me enough...and they do have FORUM and other HELP sites.

I will give them credit...I returned the course and they PROMPLY gave me a credit with no questions asked.

I guess bottom line, as with most things in life...you get out what you put in...good luck!

[thumbup]

I've had L&M Guitar for about a month. I think it is very good in that it starts from the very beginning with the simplest things and then goes from there. Sticking with it is hard, but I think that is the same with anything you are trying to learn. It takes continous practice which at times is very boring. This is something that you have to be invested in learning and willing to practice a lot. You will get as much out of it as you put in. Hope that helps.

Yeah, that is basically what i was thinking was that it seemed boring. I am more drawn to the type of learning that is exciting and keeps me going since i loose interest fast. Are there any DVDs or books you guys recommend me getting? I understand a private instructor is best but i would like to get as far as i can alone so that i can save some money. Thanks!

Archived