Gibson Brands Forums

Americana music/guitar

brannon67

Well to really we need to look back to the onset of the likes of the Carter Family, Bill Monroe Father Bluegrass ,Doc Wartson, Woody Gutherie, Author{GuitarBogie}Smith, Roy Rogers and Gene Authery, Elvis, Conway Tweety, Carl Perkins, The Grand Old Oper performers, Simon and Garfunkel, Peter-Paul and Mary, BoB Dilion, The Mama's and the Papa's,, . Southern Gospel performers too many to mention. Blues players like Robert Johnson, etc. Jazz players, Tex Ritter, Red Survine, John Denver, And the list goes on, these and many more are what made and make up Americana !!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
was johnny cash from glasgow ? :-s

theres always one...Arkansas I think. Twas just a friendly banter craic about ancestoral clan lineage. Don't ask me from which clan

In a parallel universe where Elvis is from Dundee

..lots of those about there too?

I'm from Glasgow....

Hiya Parlourman just new around here meself. Weather crappy there today too?

theres always one...Arkansas I think. Twas just a friendly banter craic about ancestoral clan lineage. Don't ask me from which clan

i can just see johnny wanderin down sauchiehall st , fish supper in his hand

when scratch is finished in glasgow tracing his wife stick em on the ferry and i'll meet them in larne , get them out of it quick in case they think the whole of ireland looks the same :-)

i can just see johnny wanderin down sauchiehall st , fish supper in his hand

when scratch is finished in glasgow tracing his wife stick em on the ferry and i'll meet them in larne , get them out of it quick in case they think the whole of ireland looks the same :-)

[laugh] I think he'll have that figured out in no time. Don't worry Scratch you won't understand what they're saying to you anyways!

@Parlourman: oh, is it the green green greencard of home?

No, slightly more exotic, Luxembourg... it's usually followed by "Why?...." ;)

To be fair, I'd quite happily walk down Sauchiehall street with a fish-supper and a can of Bru right now. I'll have to wait till the end of the month though for my belated Christmas visit. A bit of Guitar-Guitar along Argyle street and a trip to Frasers and Xile to get some new gear and I'm sorted till September. ;)

No, slightly more exotic, Luxembourg... it's usually followed by "Why?...." ;)

To be fair, I'd quite happily walk down Sauchiehall street with a fish-supper and a can of Bru right now. I'll have to wait till the end of the month though for my belated Christmas visit. A bit of Guitar-Guitar along Argyle street and a trip to Frasers and Xile to get some new gear and I'm sorted till September. ;)

much of a music scene in luxembourg ??

Well to really we need to look back to the onset of the likes of the Carter Family, Bill Monroe Father Bluegrass ,Doc Wartson, Woody Gutherie, Author{GuitarBogie}Smith, Roy Rogers and Gene Authery, Elvis, Conway Tweety, Carl Perkins, The Grand Old Oper performers, Simon and Garfunkel, Peter-Paul and Mary, BoB Dilion, The Mama's and the Papa's,, . Southern Gospel performers too many to mention. Blues players like Robert Johnson, etc. Jazz players, Tex Ritter, Red Survine, John Denver, And the list goes on, these and many more are what made and make up Americana !!!

[thumbup] Up one on that ,Windwalker.... [thumbup]

In my line up of phenomenons I deliberately stopped somewhere in the 1920's.

Of course the list continues, but the further we get up, the more it ends like anything that comes out of the US.

And by the way I forgot Hispanic peppers, cotton ball blues and Orville Gibson mandolins

Which means that it will turn into a butterfly at some point, sprout wings and really take off.

Already happened - Look at the Hummingbird pick guard and check 1960 rooted Americana right there.

I sincerly hope Hartford Snyder lived to see how monstrous that artwork became. He can almost neighbor Andy.

I think its a perfectly worthless term descriptive of nothing and appropriate for nothing that can't be better described using other words.

Damnit! There you go thinking again Wayne! You know that your doctor warned you about that.... [flapper]

Archived