Gibson Brands Forums

Other Ultra III owners.... how's your USB?

murakumi

I took mine back to Guitar Center last night and they immediately issued a credit and ordered me a new one. If that one has problems, I may try a different USB cable. However, I had tried three different uSB cables with the first one, and none of them worked, though they all worked fine with other devices. Seems to be a mechanical problem with the actual connection inside the USB port on the guitar.

Ok, here's my follow up. The second Ultra-III arrived today, and the USB worked perfectly. Unfortunately, when I got it home, I discovered that the bridge pickup was bleeding over and you couldn't silence it, even with the bridge tuner/mute button or the volume control or the toggle switch. So I took it back to Guitar Center and those poor fellows issued another credit and I went ahead and got the Gibson studio model.

Frankly, I'm concerned that the manufacturing standards of Epiphone are not up to the technical complexity of the Ultra-III, especially since reading other reports of problems here and elsewhere on the web.

I bought an Ultra III yesterday and have been having a dickens of a time trying to get the USB to work at all. In my case, however, it appears that the USB port on the guitar has been damaged; if I wiggle the USB cable around a bit, there are certain points where it "catches" and I can hear sounds. The rest of the time, it's dead silent. I'll probably return it to Guitar Center tomorrow.

I just got mine from Zzounds last week and it has the same issue, started the RMA process yesterday just waiting for the call from Zzounds. I really don't want to be without my LP I really love everything about it! The only trouble with mine is the USB it gets power but will not show up as a device and get's driver failed on every computer I have tried.

I just got mine from Zzounds last week and it has the same issue, started the RMA process yesterday just waiting for the call from Zzounds. I really don't want to be without my LP I really love everything about it! The only trouble with mine is the USB it gets power but will not show up as a device and get's driver failed on every computer I have tried.

I got my replacement today and everything is working great and no buzz. Doing the RA with Zzounds was painless and quick we did a normal ground shipping exchange in 4 days. Rock On!

I got my replacement today and everything is working great and no buzz. Doing the RA with Zzounds was painless and quick we did a normal ground shipping exchange in 4 days. Rock On!

Whoo Hoo, glad to see someone got one without any issues, good for you Rick, I hope you enjoy it mate, HNGD.

Archived