Gibson Brands Forums

Peter Framptons Guitar Restoration.

Dallastx

I think I saw a pic on some other forum ?

Is it that electric guitar ?

For goodness gracious, restoring an electric SOLID body guitar ?

Compared to restoring an acoustic, it can't be THAT much rocket science.

Its a solid hunk of wood with inserted electrics fer cryin' out loud !! B)

Harmonics101

Poly or nitro ?? ROFL good one !! [lol]

that guitar went thru "mojo" territory into "magical" status before it disappeared......i guess now it's into "miracle" status?

i can't wait to HEAR it again !!

i'm one that "hung on every note" Mr.Frampton played "back in the day"......he sure didn't NEED his box&blowtube to make a guitar talk, or squeal,scream,sing,yodel,or whatever he wanted it to do !!

i love his current videos and am glad he's made his comeback(though he never really left for long at a time).

& i'm so happy he's getting his axe back that i could just poop!(couldn't tell now, could you?)

Now if they could just find his hair.........msp_flapper.gif

It must be where mine is going. Mine keeps getting thinner.

I think Gibson will do a great job of his guitar. It's an iconic guitar.

I doesn't look that bad to me. Plus it'd be a great 'up' with all the downs they're having. They'll have their best on that. It'll come back like new.

Imagine hoe Frampton feels. He must be so excited. Like finding a lost child.

Now if they could just find his hair.........msp_flapper.gif

Oh man...that's LOW!

I've always loved his Black LP with 3 pickups and gold trim. If I ever got a LP, that's what I'd prefer!

I do have one of those "Squak Boxes"....but I've never used it....maybe one day!

Anyway....glad he got it back, and I hope the guy who stole it is found out and punished.

396962_10150458726931186_7172686185_9360825_1340922286_n.jpg

Oh man...that's LOW!

I've always loved his Black LP with 3 pickups and gold trim. If I ever got a LP, that's what I'd prefer!

I do have one of those "Squak Boxes"....but I've never used it....maybe one day!

Anyway....glad he got it back, and I hope the guy who stole it is found out and punished.

396962_10150458726931186_7172686185_9360825_1340922286_n.jpg

It was not stolen, it was lost in a plane crash, then somehow it was tracked down by two dedicated fans by"unknown" means.

YES, someone else had possession of it, (probably scavenged from the wreckage, long after the fact). that does NOT make it stolen, and besides, who cares? A very important piece of R&R history has found it's way "back from the dead" so to speak.

• 2 months later...

Archived