Gibson Brands Forums

Where are all the Coke/Bud/Corvette Sparkly Les Pauls?

Blackguitars

Greetings everyone! Newb here. Have a ’72 Black Beauty, and a 2011 Traditional Pro. Love them both!

I’m looking for brand-new, unusual Les Pauls from the Gibson custom Shop, like sparkly ones, or ones with Jack Daniels or Coke logos. Where can I find them? It seems like they’re all used, on eBay. The new ones on Gibson.com are all normal-looking, so to speak.

Do I have to contact them directly if I’m looking for a “rare” one?

Thanks!

Greetings everyone! Newb here. Have a ’72 Black Beauty, and a 2011 Traditional Pro. Love them both!

I’m looking for brand-new, unusual Les Pauls from the Gibson custom Shop, like sparkly ones, or ones with Jack Daniels or Coke logos. Where can I find them? It seems like they’re all used, on eBay. The new ones on Gibson.com are all normal-looking, so to speak.

Do I have to contact them directly if I’m looking for a “rare” one?

Thanks!

Hello,

I was lucky enough to participate in the bankruptcy auction of a major collector last year. He had over 400 guitars, many of them unusual or custom orders, including over 100 Les Paul's, basically at least one of every kind you could think of. He had Corvettes, Harley's, Indian's, Playboy, Spiderman, Map of the USA, Jimmy Page, Duane Allman, Dickey Betts, Warren Haynes, Slash, you name it. I ended up with 18 guitars including 5 Les Paul's and even though they date from 1997-2008, all the ones I got are in brand new condition. Here are the custom shop LP's:

DSC05958.jpg

They are from L to R;

2004 Custom Shop Zebrawood LP Std, Chambered, custom order, one off

2000 Custom Shop Peace Frog Les Paul, one of 2 made

2008 Custom Shop Hot Rod Magazine 50th anniv. R8, one of 150 made. Has special color changing ghost flame paint over the red maple flame.

1997 Custom Shop Les Paul Elegant, Butterscoth Flame

Send my a PM if you are interested in any of these. I've been watching ebay and have seen a few that I'm sure came from the same auction. So even though they are not 2012 they might still be brand new if they came from the same collection. If interested, you can see the rest of my collection here:

http://s1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff379/JOC1021/

If you want a new, custom shop special order guitar, you'll need to go through a Custom Shop dealer like Wildwood or Fuller's Vintage guitars. Gibson Custom no longer takes orders from idividuals.

Archived