Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone else ever pick up their acoustics and then think about selling all your electrics?

dem00n

Sometimes i just play my classical and i feel like my playing is better and that im more versatile. I mean, when it comes to those guitars its just pick, play and you got the tone. With electrics it ain't that easy sometime, dont mind my laziness.

Am i the only one whos ever felt like it?

I never want to get rid of any of mine, acoustic, electric, or classical. I find a need to play each one at different times. Depends on what mood I'm in and what I feel like playing.

"There is a time to every guitar, turn, turn, turn . . . "

But that's just me.[thumbup]

Yes. [wink]

My life long goal is to have some of that Neil Young talent of being able to caress beautiful songs out of an acoustic and turn around and rip some fuzzed out electric. Right now I am just a ham-handed noise maker [crying]

I've never (seriously) felt like selling my electrics, in favor of my acoustic...I don't play acoustic, enough,

I know that, for sure. But, I'd never sell my electrics, to only play acoustic. I DO think about selling ALL

of them, when I'm having a bad time, playing lousy, or just in a "foul" mood, now and then. But, never

seriously, really. [biggrin]

CB

I love both my electrics and my acoustics.Although I spend more time playing electric,the acoustic guitar is very special in its own right and is very relaxing to play when things get hectic around you.I could never forfeit one type of guitar over because they are both equally important to me even though I do play one type more.

Nope. I mean, I really like my acoustic, but hitting a chord through a 4x12 is something I could never give up. Now, if some kinda zombie apocalypse or nuclear holocaust happened, I'd grab my acoustic. -Because then, I'd still be able to make sound without electricity.

Sometimes i just play my classical and i feel like my playing is better and that im more versatile. I mean, when it comes to those guitars its just pick, play and you got the tone. With electrics it ain't that easy sometime, dont mind my laziness.

I love both electric and classical guitar; but if I am being honest, a nylon guitar can say so many more things.

Matt

To me, great "acoustic" playing is a "whole nuther approach." One, that I don't seem

to have, yet. It may be, just that I don't play enough acoustic, to begin with. So,

haven't honed the skills, and technique/chops, all that much. But, I really do enjoy

a good/great ascoustic player, or player/singer. [thumbup]

Even though, I'm not one of them! [biggrin]

CB

Archived