Gibson Brands Forums

Charging issues.

nickisme123

Hey guys. Im having issues charging my robot Les Paul. i get stuck charging it before anyone else does, the charger box doesnt even light up. I am using the standard 12V 1000mA power plug, but i also have a 12V 2A power plug, would it still be ok to use the 2A on on it? and also what could be my issue? Thanks.

Have you read and followed the instructions in this topic?

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/30215-battery-charge-process-not-working/page__p__419341__hl__charging__fromsearch__1#entry419341

If so, where in the process of charging do you see a problem?

Using a 2A wall adapter is not going to fix it unless your 1A adapter is defective.

Have you read and followed the instructions in this topic?

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/30215-battery-charge-process-not-working/page__p__419341__hl__charging__fromsearch__1#entry419341

If so, where in the process of charging do you see a problem?

Using a 2A wall adapter is not going to fix it unless your 1A adapter is defective.

I have issues straight away with charging it. The charger doesn't even light up.

I have issues straight away with charging it. The charger doesn't even light up.

OK, let's take this from the top; here are the steps Tronical suggests:

Firstly make sure that your power supply is 12 V and 1.000 mA.

Then follow step by step, please:

- Connect a short guitar lead (max 1 m) to the charger

- Connect the power supply to the charger box and plug in the wall plug.

- Now pull on the MCK, turn to C and press on the display.

The Charger LED should start flashing Green, the MCK matrix should show that charging is in process by the outer LEDs shining Green, too.

If the battery is completely down turn ALL potentiometers half way up/down, pull up the MCK and connect the Guitar / charger as described above. Wait for 20 minutes and follow the steps above.

Tronical

Have you tried the last suggestion?

Archived