Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
baimo

Just bought my first Gibson Acoustic

By the way, what is the story with the black nut? What material is that? Do the new ones have the black nut instead of bone?

The black nuts are graphtech (whatever that is) and seen on recent 45 Standards.

I have it too and like it. It suits the semi-dirty look of the guitar. It's not a shiny burst – it's more like clay or mud. This is reflected in the sound also (in mine anyway) and I even stuck down black buffalo-horn-pins to keep the over all personality dim.

Later screwed on a leopard-skin tr-cover in plastic - now I want a little piece of the real thing.

Later screwed on a leopard-skin tr-cover in plastic - now I want a little piece of the real thing.

You just put that in to see if we were really reading what you wrote, didn't you? Or is your leopard-skin TRC going to attack your buffalo bridge pins?

You can borrow a piece of my leopard-skin pillbox hat. [biggrin]

You just put that in to see if we were really reading what you wrote, didn't you? Or is your leopard-skin TRC going to attack your buffalo bridge pins?

You can borrow a piece of my leopard-skin pillbox hat. [biggrin]

Hehehe, , , I see why you would receive untamed inner savanna scenarios when reading about my J-45. After all you're used to severe imagery when looking at your own.

But have a glimpse from this temple and notice the wild cat shield for real.

.................................LeopardTRshield2.jpg

..............Oh yes, I'd gladly borrow a snip of your original '66 hat – 2012 plan is to fold a bit of skin around the plastic shape and screw right through it.

Hehehe, , , I see why you would receive untamed inner savanna scenarios when reading about my J-45. After all you're used to severe imagery when looking at your own.

But have a glimpse from this temple and notice the wild cat shield for real.

.................................LeopardTRshield2.jpg

..............Oh yes, I'd gladly borrow a snip of your original '66 hat – 2012 plan is to fold a bit of skin around the plastic shape and screw right through it.

Hmm, Em7..... Not quite sure what that's a shrine to (for?), but it's starting to creep me out. I love my J-45, but I don't yet worship it....... (or maybe I do)

Once you get a J45, something just happens. Your creativity and playing really opens up. At least it did for me. It made me want to play more, and write more. Anyone else?

Once you get a J45, something just happens. Your creativity and playing really opens up. At least it did for me. It made me want to play more, and write more. Anyone else?

totally , most inspiring guitar i ever owned. my last guitar was a beautuliful lowden , some people thought i was crazy to want to swap , should have done it years ago .sounds fantastic with a voice .