Gibson Brands Forums

Stunning photos of Willie Nelson

livemusic

Nice ... was Willie Nelson born at 60? I never recall seeing pictures of a 'younger' Willie, like he's all his life been 60+ or so ..

It ain't the model year of the vehicle that determines age. It's the mileage it accumulates.

And if you're lucky, Mark, you will live to 60+, too!! [biggrin]

No doubt Nick, it was just that ive literally never seen a picture of Willie in his younger years, almost as if his PR department deliberaly wants to 'nurture' that well travelled old man of the prairie kinda look.

It ain't the model year of the vehicle that determines age. It's the mileage it accumulates.

And if you're lucky, Mark, you will live to 60+, too!! [biggrin]

The 'young' pic in this thread is when he was in Nashville. Other than penning some classics, such as 'Crazy,' he couldn't get arrested. He didn't achieve success until he chucked Nashville and became the outlaw singer that said 'Screw it, I'm gonna do it my way.'

Those two pics I posted just seem to capture the essence of who he is today.

The 'young' pic in this thread is when he was in Nashville. Other than penning some classics, such as 'Crazy,' he couldn't get arrested. He didn't achieve success until he chucked Nashville and became the outlaw singer that said 'Screw it, I'm gonna do it my way.'

Those two pics I posted just seem to capture the essence of who he is today.

Nashville has always had its share of outlaws, but Willie outdid most of them, then and now.

I liken a fine camera to a fine guitar... there IS a difference when you buy quality. I don't know anything about photography, actually, but wow, these pics are really outstanding, as far as detail goes. Cool lighting with these shots.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5-forum/170935-willie-nelson-shot-k5.html

Thanks for the really good photos! I have definitely been a Willie fan, since the whole "outlaw movement". I think I always dug Waylon's band style though.

For anyone wishing to explore more of Willie's life and musings....I recommend the book "THE TAO OF WILLIE" an autobiography written by Willie with Turk Pipkin (2006). Just a great, light and humorous, story-filled read... [thumbup]

RRod

It first I didn't see Willie. But, there he was, standing behind 'Trigger'. [biggrin]

You could just about count her much erroded growth rings. That, and the hairs on Willie's pickin' arm.

Great detail!

Archived