Gibson Brands Forums

Toni Iommi has cancer.

LarryUK

oh? then as a fan you know their lyrics have nothing to do with what you think you are referring to.

i NEVER pray, but i did last night... *that* is strange.

Just to make it clear...I LIKED Black Sabbath, and I like Tony and of course the rest of the group.

If you use a name like "Black Sabbath" I suspect you should expect people to cap on ya!

oh? then as a fan you know their lyrics have nothing to do with what you think you are referring to.

i NEVER pray, but i did last night... *that* is strange.

I hope you dodn't think I was trying to make some snide comment to you or about you because I wasn't. I was just making a little joke because I think it's ironic...

^^^not at all sir, no worries here, for you or DR... thought it might be too obvious to everyone here on an electric guitar forum filled with a lot of metalheads what Black Sabbath is really about... so of course one can be facetious about it, my fault for not catching it... it's all good.

^^^not at all sir, no worries here, for you or DR... thought it might be too obvious to everyone here on an electric guitar forum filled with a lot of metalheads what Black Sabbath is really about... so of course one can be facetious about it, my fault for not catching it... it's all good.

No offense taken by me....I just noticed that ALL my posts about poor Tony were a cap on the name of his band..... I didn't want anyone to think I didn't like him or his playing.

My best friend went through treatment for non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma a few years ago. The treatment is almost as bad as the disease but it’s a very treatable form of cancer these days. My friend is completely free of cancer now. I hope all goes well for him.

will we ever find a cure for the big C? [unsure] :(

There is a cure for cancer. It is in testing as we speak. The reason it needs so much time for testing is because it isn't a medicine. Scientists have made cell sized computers that are capable of distinguishing between a cancerous cell and a healthy cell.

Have a look for yourself. See the wonders of modern science: http://www.scienceda...10901142056.htm

They can also be used to destroy viruses. Same concept really.

Anyway, enough of that. On to Iommi. Very sad to see that this has happened to him. Hopefully he can make a very speedy recovery. Looking forward to seeing Sabbath when they go on tour.

Archived