A 195x Gibson A5

FredESmit

A friend who has a guitar store gave me this little jewel

to bring back to life - it sat in his garage for

30 years ..

After I told him it would cost $50 in 5y3 tube and

new caps, a fuse, a light, power cord, he said I could

keep it - he has to many amps already .. and I

could pay him back in future repair work !

GEDC0082

Hi FredESmit....

I got confused until I understood that you are talking about a GA-5 amp?

So congrats on the aquisition and the project!

I've been fussing with some older late 40's, early 50's Gibson amps myself.......but my fussing has more to do with playing through them than fixing them up, though I wish I could do that too.

Fortunately I've got a guy thats been reviving them one at a time for me and I've been very pleased so far.

z

I think those amps are great. If I am correct, it is the same circuit as the early Fender Champs.

Collecters seem to overlook them I think, but they are a great value, because they are great amps that actually do what poeple use Champs for.

Hi FredESmit....

I got confused until I understood that you are talking about a GA-5 amp?

So congrats on the aquisition and the project!

I've been fussing with some older late 40's, early 50's Gibson amps myself.......but my fussing has more to do with playing through them than fixing them up, though I wish I could do that too.

Fortunately I've got a guy thats been reviving them one at a time for me and I've been very pleased so far.

z

Lol...I was expecting an A5 Gibson Mando!

z

Photos!! [smile]

Archived