Gibson Brands Forums

Sunburst finish

brannon67

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How I like this photo. Both the guitar and the greenery behind. The tiny house speaks of hospitality - would be ideal for a Hummingbird.

But as always there are hidden and mysterious clues here and there in Nick's footage.

This time take a look at the camouflaged chimes (A) – and not least the indeterminate object placed in the gabs of the chair (B). Is it a can of holy water, some ritual bell or nothing but the weight taken off Annie back in 1968.

All in all slightly psychedelic, if you ask me. . . .

Em7, that photo was just for you, as I know how you love a mystery. It's just the secret garden of the Hurdy-Gurdy Man and the Flower Girl. We DO have hummingbirds in the garden (of the flying variety).

Alas, the mysterious object is only a watering can.

But the chimes call to the breeze, and the colors, are very, very real..... Except when they're not......

"When the truth gets buried deep beneath a thousand years of sleep, time demands a turn-around. And once again the truth is found, awakening the Hurdy Gurdy Man, who comes singing songs of love....."

I know R&R loves his 'burst 000-28 EC, but to me, the "vintage natural" finish on my 000-28 EC is what a Martin top should look like. Looks like a 40-year-old clear nitro finish, showing off the beautiful straight grain of the spruce.

(The apparent flaws here are just reflections.)

To each his own.

And, by the way, this photo was just taken on a "cold" winter morning in south Florida!

plain000-28.jpg

agreed, this is my favorite too. beautiful guitar!

I know R&R loves his 'burst 000-28 EC, but to me, the "vintage natural" finish on my 000-28 EC is what a Martin top should look like. Looks like a 40-year-old clear nitro finish, showing off the beautiful straight grain of the spruce.

(The apparent flaws here are just reflections.)

To each his own.

And, by the way, this photo was just taken on a "cold" winter morning in south Florida!

plain000-28.jpg

Nice Martin, J45Nick!

Almost 10 years ago I had one exactly like your Eric in my hot little hands at a guitar shop. It spoke to me, but I ignored it and went home empty-handed. It bothered me for a while.

When I was trying my Gibson Blues King, they had another 28EC, but it really was nowhere as nice to play as the earlier one. Disappointing guitar really.

BluesKing777.

you can tell it's a martin because the pickguard is placed properly :-D

how embarrassing

Superb.. ;-D

You really would think they (Gibson) could address that, shouldn't be that hard to fix, I must admit the pickguard on my woody baffles me a little as to why it's placed as it is.

Archived