Gibson Brands Forums

LES PAUL SNAKEPIT SIGNATURE, a fake ?

mikrus

Dear all, a friend of mine has got this LES PAUL SNAKEPIT SIGNATURE, it seems a studio and it sounds good. But, in my opinion, is a fake for sure! Does a studio one, an economic model I mean, exist? I guess NO! I know that the real SNAKEPIT SIGNATURE is really expansive and has got a lot of details that this one hasn't got. But the question is: does an economic model of this signature exist, or is it a fake for sure?

Thank you for your kind replies!!!

mirko

...Does a studio one, an economic model I mean, exist? I guess NO! I know that the real SNAKEPIT SIGNATURE is really expansive and has got a lot of details that this one hasn't got. But the question is: does an economic model of this signature exist, or is it a fake for sure?

I don't know whether a 'real' Studio Snakepit exists but I DO know that there were Epiphone versions made so there were certainly some affordable models available.

In any case it's hard to tell if any guitar is authentic without good snaps.

P.

I don't know whether a 'real' Studio Snakepit exists but I DO know that there were Epiphone versions made so there were certainly some affordable models available.

In any case it's hard to tell if any guitar is authentic without good snaps.

P.

mh yes, ok! but they are called EPIPHON, not GIBSON, as this is!!!

mh yes, ok! but they are called EPIPHONE, not GIBSON, as this is!!!

I've not seen one, nor heard of one, but that doesn't mean that Gibson have never made one. It might have been a one-off Custom Shop model for all we know. Who can say?

There are certainly thousands of fake 'Snakepit' guitars out there.

But I say again : without seeing any pictures whatsoever it's impossible to say whether any particular guitar is genuine or not.

Two indicators might be the price this 'friend' of yours paid for the instrument and from whom it was bought; i.e. "How much was it?" and "Did they got it from a reputable dealer or off ebay?".

P.

I've not seen one, nor heard of one, but that doesn't mean that Gibson have never made one.

And I say again : without seeing any pictures whatsoever it's impossible to say whether a guitar is genuine or not.

P.

Oh yes, I know! maybe tonight I'm going to take a couple of pics, just if the owner let me do it!!!

Just had a nose on the web

I can only find 2 versions the Gibson Custom with "Snake wrap" fretboard" ands the Epiphone with trapize inlays

Gibson_Custom_1997_Slash_Les_Paul_Snakepit_1.jpg

yes, perfect, here it is! checkin the website, I know that the real one has got very precious inserts, not just painted. The one I'm talking about hasn't got this pearl inserts, I especially mean the snake on the body. this snake is just painted, and that's why I really guess it is a fake one!

but I'll try to be clearer with a couple of pics, tomorrow!!

yes, perfect, here it is! checkin the website, I know that the real one has got very precious inserts, not just painted. The one I'm talking about hasn't got this pearl inserts, I especially mean the snake on the body. this snake is just painted, and that's why I really guess it is a fake one!

but I'll try to be clearer with a couple of pics, tomorrow!!

yeah i know this guitar! get some pics i'll let you know

Archived