Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Standard Faded Series

Decode

Thanks for the response. I am new to the forum trying to meet the 10 post requirement at the moment sorry about the lazy question. Musicians friend had it listed as discontinued. Wasn't sure if that meant on their site or altogether.

Yeah, those are out of production.

A lot of people liked those guitars.

Some say having the thinner faded finish made them more resonant.

Larry Corsa would use those exclusivley to do the Peter Green Mod. for customers.

Now he makes his own guitars but sometimes has Gibson Standard Fadeds for sale.

There's currently three for sale.

Two at the top of the list, and the seventh one down here:

http://cvguitars.com/PGMod/

You might look into the Traditional Pro.

Basically, a faded finish except for top.

Probably as close as you're gonna get, and a good starting point if you want to mod it however you want.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Traditional-Pro.aspx

WOW,ive never seen those before... I want one :).. I love the studio faded and I have a Double Cut faded which is great. BUT a Standard Faded, wow.. Gibson if you are reading PLEASE make more of these, id have no choice but to buy one :) (and make sure it has a 60s or asymmetrical neck)..

Wound up selling them to fund my guitar addiction.

I guess when you consider what I replaced them with, I shouldn't be too upset.

But, they were great guitars.

I'd sell a kid or chop off my left testy before I get rid of my 05 Standard Faded.........!

IMG_8910.jpg?t=1243373790

I love my '07 Standard Faded. There was a run of Traditional Faded that were only available in Canada and I understand there may be one still for sale, also a few months ago someone found two at a store in Seattle. If you're interested I can try to find a link, but it would take some searching.

post-35867-018996500 1326765141_thumb.jpg

Archived