Gibson Brands Forums

Selling my 1968 Les Paul Custom Historic Reissue Washed Cherry $2,200 (i need a car)

mrfichter

I have to agree with mrfitchter and urge you to take some snaps in good light.

You have what is obviously a stunning guitar but it doesn't show to it's best in your pics.

Daylight is normally fine and strong light will show the figure to it's advantage.

I really hope you have the luck you need; It's a lovely instrument.

mrfichter,

I've had wonderful success selling used gear on craigslist - I'd imagine there is prob. a decent sized community out where you live who uses that site on a regular basis. If you can arrange to meet the buyer in public (bank/music store/etc.) then it will be an easy, and more importantly, safe transaction. NYC may differ somewhat due to the size in population, but the couple times I've done it, it hasn't taken more than 2 days to sell. Just a suggestion.

Good luck!

Mind if I ask about those frets? There are no binding nibs and there's a funny bevel you usually don't see on new LP's. I guess I'm just asking you to confirm that it's never been refretted or had the frets beveled.

Maybe it's a detail from 68 they're replicating? I'm working on a friend's '69 Custom and there are no nibs - I just assumed it was refretted but that's not likely in mrfichter's case.

Mind if I ask about those frets? There are no binding nibs and there's a funny bevel you usually don't see on new LP's. I guess I'm just asking you to confirm that it's never been refretted or had the frets beveled.

Maybe it's a detail from 68 they're replicating? I'm working on a friend's '69 Custom and there are no nibs - I just assumed it was refretted but that's not likely in mrfichter's case.

No problem. The guitar is all original. The frets are just as they came from the factory. Never re-fretted, or beveled. There is in fact binding on the frets, maybe it's hard to tell from the pics(I should have the new pics uploaded tomorrow).

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm not sure exactly what I should do. The first thing I thought of was to list it in the forum cos I thought some Gibson lovers may like to get their hands on the deal first. But I will definitely list it on craigslist tonight. I could meet up with the buyer in person at a music store or something as mentioned. I may give in to ebay over the next couple days.. I just don't know how much fees I will end up paying, ya know? I'm already losing a ton a money. Maybe I'll get some bites from craigslist. wish me luck!

Archived