Gibson Brands Forums

J200 ELITE - NGD!

Eyecon

Just picked this baby up, it is truly in almost "NEW" condition. I've always wanted a J200 and have been hunting around, then this one came along and it was too good to pass up. I'll try and link a picture, not real good at the technology stuff.

J200Elite1.jpg

That is an incredibly beautiful Elite Fred. You captured it perfectly in that shot. My little cheapo camera can't do my guitar justice. I'm going to see if I can get a better camera and take some more pictures.

Thanks! -- I must have got lucky with the lighting and so on, because bursts are truly hard to capture the way your eye sees them, I think, so you have to experiment a bit, or even, a lot. [biggrin]

Mine is a 2004, and it sports a red spruce top and koa back and sides.

Here's another shot, fwiw.

IMGP0695.jpg

Fred

I was VERY LUCKY to find this one and also helps that it's a soft market for used at the moment. Otherwise I probably would not have had the cash to buy it. I bought it sight unseen (other than pics) and was a little hesitant because of the double ribbon bridge stories here on the forum, but again fortunate that neck was perfect. After receiving, I immediately ran a straight edge along the neck to the bridge and was relieved that it hit above the bridge and not below it. Saddle is plenty high, good break angle and action is right where I like it 5/32". This being a custom made guitar I was expecting the custom case to be a beefy one like the True Vintage cases. It's NOT. Very light and not as many latches (thankful for the latter) I feel the TV Tan/Pink cases have too many latches. I am going to borrow a friends camera and take some GOOD pics and post them.

Archived