Gibson Brands Forums

Guess a Gibson

E-minor7

Oooooh I was so not close..well rosewoodly alright. Tuff but fun listen thnx

Overall I could need more deep end. Might come.

not sure what strings were on but have you tried the D'Adds 80/20's for the deeper push

It's more loose now and the volume (thus bass) has become stronger, but, , , , still it isn't the birdiest Bird I have heard.

fine line between the hog balanced warmth and 'honeyglazed/ slightly compressed pickguard' blend tone. More drying time?

Funny how we perceive and relate to recorded sounds plus the fact what the ear listens with wood and strings in hand to the sound dispersed away makes it all voodoo!

roughdiamond – The strings are 14 days warn Handmade NewTones ph. b. 12 –54's. I will try good ol' D'Adds also.

In fact I just bought 2 setslast week, but these NT's still sound thrilling.

Mojorule – Some good back and forth elaboration in post #7.Yes you get to keep the guitar – (as an echo between the ears).

Larry58 – I read you, , , and hear some 45 in there too.

AnneS – No rose, but the rose to you for the encouraging comment. Will try to make another game further on

Tiny – You got the hog flavor though it's not that obvious. Then went in the 45 trap like Larry58.

You could make your new J-45 come close to this sound. If we're talking strumming, try a Dunlop .60 for the slightly percussive slap.

Cpt. Crash and BluesKing – Back up on horse. . . .

retro – Thumbs up for participating.

EA – The guitar ain't goin' nowhere soon. I'm extraordinary fascinated by its presence, and as it is couldn't miss my private Hartford Snyder.

Let there be no doubt that this a wonderful acoustic and seeing it grow is a daily pleasure.

Del Nilppeznaff and j45nick – You are the sonic Champs of the week, that's for sure ! Stay focused -

[/b][/size][/font]retro – Thumbs up for participating.

EA – The guitar ain't goin' nowhere soon. I'm extraordinary fascinated by its presence, and as it is couldn't miss my private Hartford Snyder.

Let there be no doubt that this a wonderful acoustic and seeing it grow is a daily pleasure.

Del Nilppeznaff and j45nick – You are the sonic Champs of the week, that's for sure ! Stay focused -

It helps a bit to have worked (briefly) as a concert and recording engineer, although my hearing ain't what it used to be for some odd reason. Too much time sitting in front of a bunch of Altec Lansing A-7's (google it, if you don't know) with everything cranked up to concert levels.

I listened to this playback both on good speakers, and on lousy headphones, to try to get a better feel for it. MP3 format leaves a lot to be desired if you really like to listen to music, unfortunately.

What struck me was the relative quietness and balance of the guitar, even though it wasn't being played particularly quietly. It just seems like a fairly quiet, well-balanced quiter with a fair amount of tonal blending. Pretty good accompanying guitar, I would say, or rhythm guitar to go with a more articulate or up-front guitar of some type in instrumentals. Not a boomer.

What struck me was the relative quietness and balance of the guitar, even though it wasn't being played particularly quietly. It just seems like a fairly quiet, well-balanced quiter with a fair amount of tonal blending. Pretty good accompanying guitar, I would say, or rhythm guitar to go with a more articulate or up-front guitar of some type in instrumentals. Not a boomer.

I think you've pretty much perfectly described how a Bird' should sound like Nick !

roughdiamond – The strings are 14 days warn Handmade NewTones ph. b. 12 –54's. I will try good ol' D'Adds also.

In fact I just bought 2 setslast week, but these NT's still sound thrilling.

Mojorule – Some good back and forth elaboration in post #7.Yes you get to keep the guitar – (as an echo between the ears).

Larry58 – I read you, , , and hear some 45 in there too.

AnneS – No rose, but the rose to you for the encouraging comment. Will try to make another game further on

Tiny – You got the hog flavor though it's not that obvious. Then went in the 45 trap like Larry58.

You could make your new J-45 come close to this sound. If we're talking strumming, try a Dunlop .60 for the slightly percussive slap.

Cpt. Crash and BluesKing – Back up on horse. . . .

retro – Thumbs up for participating.

The echo will do just fine! The Bird sounds nice, but the playing resonates more in my reverb tank.

The echo will do just fine! The Bird sounds nice, but the playing resonates more in my reverb tank.

I agree on that 100%. I love the music, and I absolutely love the playing. That's the type of flat-picking I aspire to. Not what most people think of, and they just say "why don't you fingerpick if you want to play that style?"

It's sort of hard to explain, but it has a similar, but different feel .

Archived