Gibson Brands Forums

Opinions on Knobs on my SG

SGsRock

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I see your point on the ivory pearloid pickguard.. By the way, I forgot to say Congrats on a great looking new SG Faded! Mine is also a 2008.

But yeah, I agree with you - those silver knobs have got to go! [thumbdn]

Thank you! I'm so excited, and very pleased. I usually like to play a guitar before buying, but I took the leap and bought this one from a seller online. So glad I did. Had that connection the first time I played it :)

Thank you all! I think I'll try those creme ones for sure...and I may also buy a gold set and a silver set to try out and compare. They're not expensive. Here's what I've narrowed down to I think.

I'm thankful for everyone's feedback. I've yet to see an SG with speedknobs in person, and only found 2 photos online picturing this but nothing similar to my guitar. So your feedback is appreciated!

Where did you find silver speed knobs? Been looking for a set for forever, but cannot find them anywhere.

If you are definitely going with speed knobs, then go with the cream ones. However, I think black top hat relectors will look better.

I will try those too, just to be sure. I just think they would look better if my pickguard was black (then there would be NO question that's what I'd use), but I love my ivory pickguard so much there's no way I'm changing it :)

Where did you find silver speed knobs? Been looking for a set for forever, but cannot find them anywhere.

Here they are in 2 places - but I think from the same supplier. One is smooth and one notched.

http://www.amazon.com/MIJ-Metric-Embossed-Numbering-Silver/dp/B004JNTEO2

http://www.guitarsonlineshop.com/mij-customized-speed-knobs-for-inch-guitars-silver-/

You'll love your SG- they are great players with fantastic tone. What could be better?

Alan

Thanks! I already love my SG. Have ALWAYS loved them, but only had Epiphones before this one. What a world of difference. I'm in LOVE!

I liked the speed knobs soo much on my Les Paul, I put them on my S G. Easier to control them with the pinky.

D

sgstang1.jpg

Looks nice! If I weren't so in love with my ivory pickguard (it's just more "me" and more feminine), I'd go black and use black knobs. But I'll just search until I find the perfect fit. Have a few options on the way...c'mon mailman!!! :D

Thanks. Wonder if they'd fit a USA Gibson since those knobs are metric? Or does it not matter?

DO NOT get these metric parts for your Gibson, those are only made for epiphones and imports.

Good to know. I saw them on a blog where a guy was building his own SG from scratch, but didn't know the actual SGs supported different knobs. I will say that my Epiphone SG knobs do fit my Gibson. But maybe some are different ?

Good to know. I saw them on a blog where a guy was building his own SG from scratch, but didn't know the actual SGs supported different knobs. I will say that my Epiphone SG knobs do fit my Gibson. But maybe some are different ?

Oh, and my Epiphone was made in Korea I think - my new Gibson is made in the USA.

Hmmmm - you know, I may have to say I was wrong lol. That looks nice!!! I ordered a sweet of those too. My baby may have several new sets of accessories that will work. You know us girls need options depending on how we feel when it's go time. Thx!!!

Hi, for me Top Hat Knobs is the best choice for a SG Special or Standard What do you think about those?

NEW - 4 Cream/Chrome Top Hat Knobs for Gibson

post-3293-048497100 1327021138_thumb.jpg

I saw those...I like them, but am a little afraid they may be too yellow. But I haven't ruled them out. Going to see how I like the cream and black speed knobs, and the black/silver reflector knobs. All 3 types currently on the way. Love your guitar, btw!

E :)

Archived