Gibson Brands Forums

Seriously? No 2010 Limited forum?

RedSkwirrell

Finally managed to get something close to its' actual appearance.

So I know there's only four hundred but are we supposed to slot into the Les Paul forum, the Darkfire forum, the Dusk Tiger forum, somethine else forum?

Is there going to be an amalgamation of Robots into a new Robot section?

Or is there a secret '2010 Limited' forum I haven't found yet because I haven't collected enough 'Golden Plectrums'?

2010-A.jpg

Okay I will concede that it needs a bit of a clean, but I've been trying all day to get this pic'.

Next time I'll clean it first.

(Note 'Newcastle Brown' tupenny strap-locks)

But why does gibson insist on using the non matching knobs?

I got a darkfire without any other knobs apart from the MCK, and decided to put on the original style, even though the black speedknobs would be a much better match, but yours has both the darkfire volumes and the speedknobs for tone.

Also if I had got the speed knobs I would have had to go into shops asking for gibson bell knobs :D

Awww I like the different knob set up.

If all four where different I might have an aesthetic issue with it (and I understand your criticism).

I did wonder about changing them (thought about swapping black for gold) but that would've made the MCK look bad.

I couldn't imagine it any other way.

[thumbup]

I take the point about Darkfire.

Maybe we should just have a 'Robot' section of the Les Paul forum.

• 2 months later...

So I know there's only four hundred but are we supposed to slot into the Les Paul forum, the Darkfire forum, the Dusk Tiger forum, somethine else forum?

Or is there a secret '2010 Limited' forum I haven't found yet because I haven't collected enough 'Golden Plectrums'?

2010-A.jpg

Okay I will concede that it needs a bit of a clean, but I've been trying all day to get this pic'.

When I found out about this Guitar I went nuts . I searched the whole world over for 1, for months, new used.Could not fine 1 for sale . I have been playing for 44 years ,I own many Guitars Gibson and Fender. Every time I open the case I pinch myself I think I am still dreaming. Because worked so hard to get one and a long time great customer of Gibson they were kind enough to open the vault and sell me one. I would not take $ 25 thousand dollars for mine. The Guitar should have been named the Limited Robot Standard Time Axe . I know there are many fine Guitars.

2010-A.jpg

Hi, I have a 1st gen robot Les Paul that has tuning limitation for custom tunings. You can only tune 3 half steps (OR 1 1/2 steps) off of regular tuning. I wanted to do GGDGDG but had to compromise with a F#F#C#F#C#F#. I wonder if the 2nd gen can do more. like a GGDDGG or GGDGDG tuning? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have a 1st gen robot Les Paul that has tuning limitation for custom tunings. You can only tune 3 half steps (OR 1 1/2 steps) off of regular tuning. I wanted to do GGDGDG but had to compromise with a F#F#C#F#C#F#. I wonder if the 2nd gen can do more. like a GGDDGG or GGDGDG tuning? Thanks

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been around for a while as I found a bigger and better forum (http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/).

You can do whatever you want with this tuning.

If it's not one of the preset tunings it comes with, you can input your own and assign it to a memory slot.

This is also useful if you disagree with the preset tunings - I haven't yet.

Presets are:-

Peg Standard Tuning E A D G B e

i Dropped D D A D G B e

C Double Dropped D D A D G B D

E Open E Major E B E G# B e

A Open A Major E A E A C# e

D Open D Major D A D F# A D

G Open G Major D G D G B D

B E Flat Tuning Eb Ab Db Gb Bb eb

e Open E Minor E B E G B E

Arrow Low D D G C F A D

Circle DADGAD D A D G A D

Sorry if this doesn't help you but I haven't really had any time or need to go beyond these myself.

The manual's here if you want to investigate.

To answer an earlier poster, I have heard of people having loads of issues with the tuners and many returns.

Personally I have had no problems at all with mine (yet.., touch wood).

The number of people I've seen voicing their problems with the 2010 Limited though, may actually exceed 400.

As there's only 400 of these being made (and I know of at least one which has had no problems at all) I have chosen to take some of the other reports with a pinch of salt.

Hope this helps you guys.

Here's a better shot of it, without the pickguard) for you.

9-Guardfree.jpg

Since this was taken I decided to replaced the original 'hat' knobs with matching black 'speed' knobs.

I have to concede that it does look better.

It definately has its good points, how do you find the "Robot" machine heads

PS (Almost have the same finish!

Hey, that's nice man.

Nice collection too.

I should realy get all mine together again as I've made important additions since I last did a 'family portrait'.

Yeah as I mention above, I heard of all these tuner problems but I haven't had anything like that and I used it solid for a year.

When I first got it I was concerned that it wasn't holding tuning very well (ie if I bent a string it would not recover properly).

I didn't do anything about it for a while, letting the strings 'bed-in', but then took it back to the dealer.

They suggested the original strings might be the cause of the problem.

Changed 'em for a new set of 0.10 Bright Wires (my regular choice on my other Les Paul) and it's been fine.

Dealer said they'd give me an extra year warranty on the tuners just in case (which I have to say is pretty 'heroic' considering all the negative reports).

No other issues.

If all the people reporting that they've returned their 2010 Limited are genuine, I'll soon be the only person in world who still owns one.

I think I'll enjoy that status.

[biggrin][thumbup]

(psst... Only 2 'r's in Gary Moore ;) )

Just found this in the manual for you:-

String Lowest Pitch Highest Pitch

E -- / -A1 (55Hz) - / -Ab2 (104Hz)

A -- / -D2 (73Hz) - / -Db3 (139Hz)

D -- / -G2 (97Hz) - / -Gb3 (185Hz)

G -- / -C3 (130Hz)- / -B3 (247Hz)

B -- / -E3 (164Hz)- / -Eb4 (312Hz)

E -- / -A3 (220Hz)- / -Ab4 (416Hz)

• 3 weeks later...

You're right.

It's based on the Dusk Tiger, and they do share some parts.

They don't appear to have sold all the 2010's yet either (they're still on sale new).

I wonder what they'll dream up to move the rest of those on.

:)

There's still 1 or 2 Darkfires hanging on the wall at my indie store... He gave me an epic deal on the first one to ship to my state...... I think he had 6 in total sent to him.

Excellent.

One guy on MLP (in US) has just bought one for $700.00

• 2 weeks later...

I too will vote for a 2010 Limited forum, because I have a question!

I just bought a used one and in the process of checking it out, I noticed that all the Chameleon tones in the Green Bank sound the same! Any ideas why that is the case?

I tried resetting to the default factory settings (it appeared successful), but no change.

The Tone controls and Piezo knob are set as per the manual.

I noticed that all the Chameleon tones in the Green Bank sound the same! Any ideas why that is the case?

I tried resetting to the default factory settings (it appeared successful), but no change.

Hi, and welcome to the 400 club!

Sorry for delay but I hardly ever visit this forum nowadays.

I haven't really played around with the different sounds, I'm still into the normal guitar qualities.

Using the green bank, select the sound you want.

After 200ms the sound will have loaded and this sound will now be the default sound, even when powered off, until a different one is selected.

If this is not happening, check your manual and ensure the piezo is available and the magnetic pups are working properly.

Also ensure that the volume/tone controls are fully clockwise and that the piezo pup is not blended in (except for Position 'A').

You should manually select the pup recommended in the manual for the appropriate sound you require (although other sounds are available using different pups).

If nothing's still happening, hit me up on the MLP forums (see sig link).

• 2 months later...
I noticed that all the Chameleon tones in the Green Bank sound the same!

Just a thought, have you also tried the sounds in Yellow bank?

I am supposing that you also have it actually turned on(?) while playing.

Reading the manual, it suggests that (for the green bank) the tone controls should be fully clockwise and the piezo should NOT be blended (except for position 'A').

• 1 month later...

I need some help with my Les paul 2010 limited robot....

The tuning works fine and I've read the manual to guide myself through the MCK nob..

My problem is the "green" chameleon tones. They all sound the same. What am I doing wrong?

The guitar never been connected to the RIP.

I've tried the yellow bank also and it's the same. Perhaps even more non action on the yellow bank..

Thx / John

I need some help with my Les paul 2010 limited robot....

The tuning works fine and I've read the manual to guide myself through the MCK nob..

My problem is the "green" chameleon tones. They all sound the same. What am I doing wrong?

The guitar never been connected to the RIP.

Hi Johnny Joe,

Sorry for delay in my reply.

I don't often get back here these days (spend more time on MLP, see my sig for forum link).

The R.I.P. allows you to connect it to a P.C..

From that you can create other custom settings, outside of the guitar and then transfer them to it, if you wished.

You still have Chameleon tone

I'm assuming that you are not switching the MCK off (pressing it in) after selecting the tone you want.

That would Power-off the MCK and its' chameleon tone at which point the guitar's natural Pup tones would be in use.

Otherwise, you may need to adjust your Pup volume/Tone settings.

The altered tones are not too dramatic but are noticeable enough that you should hear the difference.

Have a look at the chart and Notes on Page 14 of the manual (3.1) to see how you should set the Pups to maximise the effect.

Archived