Gibson Brands Forums

Rubbish!

LarryUK

I live in Birmingham,UK.

I find that the rubbish collection is getting worse. The recycling after Christmas wasn't done and the streets are strewn with paper. But if you go to an upmarket area. ie, Barnt Green. The streets are spotless. I watch them sometimes and the empty the recycling boxes ans just throw them on the pavement, breaking them. They get good money over here for it and no pride in the job is shown. The council is hopeless too. I reported a dangerous slab outside my house last August and It's still not been repaired.

Do you have problems in the US etc?|

I live in Birmingham,UK.

I find that the rubbish collection is getting worse. The recycling after Christmas wasn't done and the streets are strewn with paper. But if you go to an upmarket area. ie, Barnt Green. The streets are spotless. I watch them sometimes and the empty the recycling boxes ans just throw them on the pavement, breaking them. They get good money over here for it and no pride in the job is shown. The council is hopeless too. I reported a dangerous slab outside my house last August and It's still not been repaired.

Do you have problems in the US etc?|

no problems in these areas here.

as you know, we have 50+ States. within each state, the local municipalities have their own laws, etc. San Francisco has the most advanced and efficient recycling program i've ever seen where workers (some from prisons) separate recyclables by hand. i don't know what we do here in Los Angeles but i don't think it's anywhere near where it should to be. everywhere i've been in my state has separate trash bins for garbage, recyclables and some have a third one for garden trimmings.

No problems here in Cleveland, TN. I don't use the city governments trash pickup, I pay a company to pickup. It's cheap, and they do a great job. The collectors are polite and always put my bins back the exact way they found them.

Capitalism works, cause I was using another company, bigger, paying more and getting worse service. So, I changed. Took my money elsewhere.

That's how it should work!

Nope, today we found a pair of Fisher speakers going out in the trash. Took em and a friend sold em for $100 on Ebay...love the Rubbish here!

if you're into hoarding tv's, come check out the estate sales in my area. everyone is dumping their old shed-sized rear projection sets for next to nothing, some are just giving them away if you come and get it.

if you're into hoarding tv's, come check out the estate sales in my area. everyone is dumping their old shed-sized rear projection sets for next to nothing, some are just giving them away if you come and get it.

Nah nothing to be made into TV's unless vintage. [flapper] [flapper]

Archived