Gibson Brands Forums

Low E wont tune and the light flashes yellow

Dorffasaurus

Hi my robot SG will tune all the strings except the low E the light just flashes yellow and does nothing i reset to factory defaults and nothing happened still has the same problem.The tuner doesnt turn or anything.

One problem that happens with the tuning of the robot is, the bridge gets tarnished on certain strings between the string and point the string contacts the saddle. It then cannot send it's signal to tune the string. Sometimes a light tap with an object not of too large size as to do damage, will make the string contact and send it's signal the next time you try to tune. Saddles could need cleaning.

Hi my robot SG will tune all the strings except the low E the light just flashes yellow and does nothing i reset to factory defaults and nothing happened still has the same problem.The tuner doesnt turn or anything.

Your tuner may not be making good contact with the circuit board on the headstock. Carefully loosen the hex nut and gently reposition the tuner; there are three contacts that need to be made. Re-tighten the nut (the spec is really low - search the forum for the exact number - I think it's 1.5 N-m) - DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived