Gibson Brands Forums

NPBD

EVOL!

l.jpg

From left to right: Malekko Ekko 616, Phase90, OD808, <F word> overdrive, FuzzFactory, Polytune.

Finally got my new pedals on my board. Saturday I picked up a used Malekko Ekko 616 on Saturday. Felt like the last one on the planet. It's a little tight and awkward with my Phase90 since it is battery powered only, but she works for me.

Awesome board!

How is the **** working with your band and rig? How bout the 616?

I'll send you a little adapter that snaps on to the battery snap and hooks up to a power supply for your phase 90 if you want. We could rig up a ghetto style Zvex power plate haha

Very nice, you running the sole-mate off board or not using it at all with your current setup?

This was the photo I took at home after building it. My Sole-Mate is up at the rehearsal space; ready to join. She goes at the end of the chain.

Awesome board!

How is the **** working with your band and rig? How bout the 616?

I'll send you a little adapter that snaps on to the battery snap and hooks up to a power supply for your phase 90 if you want. We could rig up a ghetto style Zvex power plate haha

The <F word> is ace! Not as responsive to picking strength as my OD808, but the bratty, garage rock sounds out of it are amazing. Love the burst switch; it is a lot of fun (still looking for ways to work it into my act). When I run the <F word> into my OD808 it is a nice sonic marriage.

Just got the 616 so I'll let you know after one rehearsal. I did find it to be warmer than the Carbon Copy and having the mod knobs on the top are a great feature.

A power plate for my Phase90 would be nice. I don't think a phaser really benefits from a battery vs adapter.

Thats my oldest pedal; have had mine as long as I can remember. The plastic knob on the unit actually has a rubber cover so you can adjust the speed with your foot.

I had to order a rubber boot for mine. How can you run a Phase90 without one? :)

That Phase90 is one of the rare second generation ones from the eighties. Most people don't like them because they have a mid boost. Believe, this pedal is LOUD; UFO landing on your house loud.

The <F word> is ace! Not as responsive to picking strength as my OD808, but the bratty, garage rock sounds out of it are amazing. Love the burst switch; it is a lot of fun (still looking for ways to work it into my act). When I run the <F word> into my OD808 it is a nice sonic marriage.

Just got the 616 so I'll let you know after one rehearsal. I did find it to be warmer than the Carbon Copy and having the mod knobs on the top are a great feature.

A power plate for my Phase90 would be nice. I don't think a phaser really benefits from a battery vs adapter.

Yeah the garage/psyche OD sounds are what I really use mine for. I don't use the burst too often but if you set it on the light mode and turn the threshold down a bit it adds a nice gritty texture to the OD sound.

I can't really judge a pedal till I use it at a band practice or something either. I'm sure you'll make good use of the oscillations and insane modulation. I've heard what you did with the CC and I think the 616 will suit you better.

Having to run a pedal on batteries on a board full of plugged in pedals blows. Holla at ya boii if you want one of those little adapters.

And yes two delays is better than one.

I have now had two full rehearsals with the 616 and I am in nirvana. This is the best delay pedal I have ever used. The sounds out of it are deliciously warm and the modulation can get pretty warbly. Still getting used to the knobs (time and regen) since they are on opposite sides of the pedal compared to the Carbon Copy. Gets some great pitch bending when you send the pedal off into oscillating chaos.

Sweet dude! Glad you're diggin the 616. You're gonna have to send me a recording with the new rig some time. I want to hear what you're doing with that sweet setup

But man if I were you I would have that Fuzzrite right at the front of my chain and turned up all the way. That would bring teh psyche

Sweet dude! Glad you're diggin the 616. You're gonna have to send me a recording with the new rig some time. I want to hear what you're doing with that sweet setup

But man if I were you I would have that Fuzzrite right at the front of my chain and turned up all the way. That would bring teh psyche

What I need is an FX loop pedal so I can run noisy, tone sucking pedals without having them in my signal chain the whole time. If I would have thought of that years ago I would not have sold my Maestro Phase Shifter. :(

Ahh that's understandable. I seem to forget that every time for some reason. I take true bypass and power supply jacks for granted.. A true bypass looper would be the solution for that. If you need one, I have the technology to build one haha

I remember that Phase Shifter. I think giantrobot has/had one like it too. Those seem pretty rad.

Archived