Gibson Brands Forums

So you want a piece of bozeman ?

JuanCarlosVejar

He must be having a laugh with that price.....

Respectfully, maybe...but I don't think so.

It is a benchmade guitar.

The cost for a guitar made by a good Luthier...I was considering a (Bill) Moll .. the base price for that flat top was $6795..

Carlo Greco who made a great guitar for me 20 years ago & my brother one a little later, a few years ago was at $7000.

Not to mention..

*In 1988,when this guitar was made,it was Ren Ferguson & another guy making these.

*Is the very first j200 ..but most probably the first guitar period to come from Bozeman Gibson.

This of course would mean nothing if it wasn't one of the best sounding Maple J200's you could own & is in babied condition.

Respectfully if the person has the cash & must have the best of type, this thing IS WORTH IT.

If not and I was shopping for the closest thing I would try & find an earlier European Maple Production model that sounded as good..(I wonder if any were made with Adirondack)

I've really only had that ebay listing still up as a reference for people to see it.

My wife has warned me from the start that I would regret selling it..and quote..

"What are you going to do with the money..order another custom made guitar that in the end you will be disappointed in ?..it's not worth it..that thing sounds beautifull"

Now you know it must be worth it if your wife is nagging you not to sell it.

Anyway..as usual shes right & what I REALLY probably need is a matching Brazilian Rosewood j200 made in Bozeman..I understand a few were made in the 90's..time to start saving up.

All the Best

Archived