Gibson Brands Forums

Tuner placement

gerarda

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can shine some light on this? Im about to trade a tele and a resonator for an '89 Les Paul Std and after seeing pics of the back of the headstock I was a bit concerned shall we say? One or two of them don't line up with the rest, so I'm thinking was some work done on this guitar or was it just made that way? See attached pic to see what I mean. Thanks for all replies!

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336547ffcffa4365fd0c39a4376a3b54920.jpg

Normal.

If you look at the front of the headstock the pegs and their collars are equidistant from the edge of the curving headstock sides and the top of the headstock is slightly wider then the bottom. Lining the machines up this way causes the look you're talking about on the back of the headstock.

470557728_o.jpg

Normal.

If you look at the front of the headstock the pegs and their collars are equidistant from the edge of the curving headstock sides and the top of the headstock is slightly wider then the bottom. Lining the machines up this way causes the look you're talking about on the back of the headstock.

470557728_o.jpg

The penny has dropped! Thanks for that.

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can shine some light on this? Im about to trade a tele and a resonator for an '89 Les Paul Std and after seeing pics of the back of the headstock I was a bit concerned shall we say? One or two of them don't line up with the rest, so I'm thinking was some work done on this guitar or was it just made that way? See attached pic to see what I mean. Thanks for all replies!

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336547ffcffa4365fd0c39a4376a3b54920.jpg

Good eye! [thumbup]

Archived