Gibson Brands Forums

Fender should release a new amp for rock.

FenderGuy1

Line 6 sucks, but marshalls cant be beat, i wanna stick EL34s on the back of my solid state marshall amp with tape so i can fake the tubes being there, and then put a picture of Jimi on the side

I'd like to nominate this for post of the month.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Line 6 sucks, but marshalls cant be beat, i wanna stick EL34s on the back of my solid state marshall amp with tape so i can fake the tubes being there, and then put a picture of Jimi on the side

Also, that Marshall brand new is $75. They had like 4 or 5 in the box in my local shop for $75 each. Maybe that was just the holiday price, but your amp isn't that good, tbh. When you have a 2x12 combo, or something better, you can talk about amps.

(he has an MG15DX or whatever it is)

Gosh, I forgot about this one: Fender "Metalhead" Full Stack

images.jpg

Unleash a brutal guitar assault with one of the most powerful amps on the planet.

Fender's first true metal amp, the Fender MH-500 Metalhead Guitar Amp delivers a whopping 550W into 2 ohms, 400W into 4 ohms. The solid state electronics and heavy-duty flight-case style enclosure make this a roadworthy addition to any rig. The 3-channel preamp offers a studio-pure Clean setting, Tight Drive for the ultimate rock tones and Loose Drive for those bottom-heavy drop tunings. 16 onboard effects, including the new GATE feature for noise-reduction or muting techniques, allow you to craft your heavy tone to hard rock, metal, punk, and beyond. Also has a professional speaker-emulated XLR line out with level control and ground lift. Includes 25 sets of earplugs, so you know it must be loud! Looking for the complete half or full stack? The optional MH-412 cabinets are the perfect choice to give voice to this beast! (See accessory box on this page.)

Features

550W @ 2 ohms, 400W @ 4 ohms

Reliable, maintenance-free solid state circuitry

3-channel preamp

Boost knob allows footswitchable volume boost on any channel

16 onboard effects

4-button footswitch

Forced-air fan cooling

29-1/4"W x 8-1/2"H x 11"D

50 lbs. (Head Only)

CB

Are you sure, that looks real. As for the MG amp there is no SS 15 watt Marshall combo with a 12, especially in the MG series. And its so not even close to the JCM800, one is tubes and your isn't.

Jus sayin

IDK what my speaker could be, but on distortion channel 2 with no treble or mids or bass it sounds like AC/DC's amps, i saved the preset and i use it even though it feeds back alot

Want to know why people are like this too you, its because of your statements. I stood up for ya when you first came over no more. Your comments are that of a troll or someone who really does not connect well with others. Come on now, if you were to chill out and less comments about finding tv's you would find this is a pretty cool place to hang out at.

Jus chill and play your guitar.

In a world of human wreckage...

I'm sorry, I can't quite make out the name on Neils amps here. Can someone help me out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O1v_7T6p8U

Lol...that is old school technology there.

Before they had the technology to make modeling amps, they had to build actual amp models.

To get sound out of them, you had to use an amp, plug into it, and play it the way you wanted the sound to come out. They were completely manual in those days.

They sounded great (sometimes) but they were prone to sounding inconsistent, often out of tune, had volume fluctuations, and required much more skill to sound good.

Modeling has come a long way, and made things a lot easier for the average musician.

Want to know why people are like this too you, its because of your statements. I stood up for ya when you first came over no more. Your comments are that of a troll or someone who really does not connect well with others. Come on now, if you were to chill out and less comments about finding tv's you would find this is a pretty cool place to hang out at.

Jus chill and play your guitar.

Lol...isn't he like, 12?

I agree he might be a little young to be trolling....but he hasn't exactly reached the "cool" age yet.

At least his parents aren't feeding him ridilin. (However it is spelled).

I know a couple who did. Not many. That was a rough few years. The various war stories my grandpa told me... I had nightmares. He once pulled an officer out of battle from a seizure due to a rainbow checkerboard floor... He didn't make it. The brain trauma was too severe.

Better be careful abut that, this is how Fred got axed (banned) by calling a woman a guy.

Well, he called her dude. Which is something I do every day. He never said it as "you're a guy" but she chose to spaz out about it. I looked at it as more of an excuse to kick him out more than anything.

Really whats this one? Hint look up Super Sonic

82936.jpg

I own the head version and it gets really crunchy (it even does heavy metal very well without any other stuff in front).

So, yes, Fender does build some amps that don't have "the fender tone" but most people buy fender for the fender tone.

The VM can get lots of distortion too and so does that 400W metalhead thing they put out years ago... never tried one tho.

Very true, this is exactly why I did the post a few weeks ao about which is better all playing ability or equal amount of show and playing. The only ones looking for that certain guitar tone or looking for that exact lead from "fill in song" are other guitar players. Which usually amounts to less than one percent in the audience.

Yep, trying to impress other musicians is the biggest mistake any band can make.

Better be careful abut that, this is how Fred got axed (banned) by calling a woman a guy.

Well, he called her dude. Which is something I do every day. He never said it as "you're a guy" but she chose to spaz out about it. I looked at it as more of an excuse to kick him out more than anything.

DUDES:

FREZ got banned not for one thing, but a number of things.

He might not be a bad guy, but he was a LOT of work for the mods, and you can't expect a mod or a group of mods to have to put the amount of work into moderating one guy.

He might have only been bad 1% of the time, but he posted so much it is like a full day moderating that 1%.

I think it is good for him...he needs to be playing guitar going on dates, getting a job, etc.

Archived