Gibson Brands Forums

If Money where no Object

Del Nilppeznaf

I would go for a vintage 50's J-200, maybe in rose, maybe the 'pheasant' we had up some days ago. Then I would search a series of first60's Birds/SJ's/C&W's and gather knowledge about these instruments, eventually keep the 3 best. I'm not sure there are slopes on the list as the ones I have are superb.

So much for my Gibson dispositions - then there is. . . . .

I'd have to go with the Hummingbird I bought for Christmas. Absolutely the best player I've ever wrapped my arm over. Right off the wall the action is superb, playable like no other guitar I've ever held. Playability is numero uno in my guitar handbook and this one has it in spades. While tone is a secondary concern for me, this H'Bird has that warm and wonderful 6-string sound I've heard on recordings all my life. I could not be happier with a guitar. This is the one I'll die with.

Just a regular old Stella big box 12 string will run ya $10K these days. Lordy, I owned two of them but that was back in the day when you could snag them for what change you had in your pocket.

Does anybody recall when that wingnut was trying to sell a 1930s Gibson L-1 as the one Robert Johnson was holding in the famous photo. He had no proof it was the guitar but stated it had to be because he done a careful comparison of it with the guitar in the photo. He was predicting he would get $6 million for it.

Anyway, I will go with this one right here - Lonnie Johnson's Gibson J-100.

0812438.jpg

I'd have to go with the Hummingbird I bought for Christmas. Absolutely the best player I've ever wrapped my arm over. Right off the wall the action is superb, playable like no other guitar I've ever held. Playability is numero uno in my guitar handbook and this one has it in spades. While tone is a secondary concern for me, this H'Bird has that warm and wonderful 6-string sound I've heard on recordings all my life. I could not be happier with a guitar. This is the one I'll die with.

Guess I don't offend you by claiming you're not a greenhorn Buc. For exactly that reason it is fantastic to hear about your symbiosis with the new Bird. Such a lucky story.

Admit that my Bird has the absolutely best neck, set-up and action I ever played. Precise and smooth it gives every other guitar I have/had the rear wheel.

When it comes to playability this deer is it - Second to None !

Archived